Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

YI 4K Action Cam

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
not gonna bother to read it so you tell me if it has 30fps in 4K or is it 24fps. i know its 24fps.. but seeing what it has i say go for it.

Last edited:

regdawg

Jul 13, 2014
Central California
Well it shoots 4k 30fps and 1080 120fps. Has bluetooth and 2.4ghz/5ghz wifi. Built in screen. Very small lag with the app per the reviews. Some say the view is not as wide as the gopro.

It is interesting but not sure I need another camera so not going to get one.

4wd

Feb 13, 2016
I believe there's a major omission in that it can't take external microphones so sound won't be worth much when in a case.
They plan a bluetooth mic which sounds OK in theory but seems odd this still isn't available.

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
Plan and not available no thanks Lol Same with Gopro no blue tooth mic but 3rd party.

bcharlow

Sep 26, 2014
I agree with Fish. Not dissing a camera that I haven't seen myself. Rather, when they offer something half built with promises for future pieces (housing, mic, etc.), I'm very dubious. This camera does seem to be a serious rival to Gopro models when all tricked out. Let's see if it's more than a flash in the pan first.
It's amazing to me that Gopro has totally surrendered the momentum to cheaper competitors. When they let aftermarket folks design better mounts and useful accessories, that seemed a reasonable business proposition: let someone else flesh out the cheap stuff for us at their expense while increasing the utility and attractiveness of our base product. But losing the momentum to not just cheap knockoffs, but actual rivals, is downright dumb!
I still contend that what Nick and company need to do is get out of the extreme sports niche only mentality and get into the consumer market. Some sort of zooming capability (optical) combined with a good digital stabilization in camera scheme would position them to enter the entire consumer camcorder market with something that your cell phone cannot match: that rugged sports and outdoor utility. Now that would be great for Gopro 5.
Not some niche market drone that will start life as another "me too."