Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Yi 2 4K Action camera Owners thread.

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
Welcome to the Other camera section and not all camera's are the same? I like to Introduce you to a great alternitave if you can not afford a gopro or care for all the bugs a this given time. I shall be dedicating three posts, and while I gather my info once again you will want to check in and participate, my hard work helped many out before, and sometimes you may have some sour apples in the group, take all that, put to the side and enjoy my review

While a long over due wait, for the Hero 5 Black, Yi Technologies, a crowd funded company that went on their own from Xiaomi, created their 2nd Generation camera, a GoPro Killer? Beta-Testers, like Kodak, were offered a camera, give tehir feedback, and show the world from around May 2016, and by Mid Summer Yi was world wide released Fw 1.07 through today Fw 1.3.3 always improving, and trying to add voice commands through droid, first? This camera cost the lowest price found Black friday 2016 as low as $190.00 being first time site sign up.and camera clainms to retail by sites $500 plus. the price runs around $249.00 I grab one again For the $206.00 price fast. But also I wait till a newer generation is released to fix what ever issues they may have, not all companies have issues, but you never know?

Tripod socket will show a diaginal hairline crack, if you use the tripod. SOme clain wi-fi issues, and others claim a busy. I can confirm the crack and can confirm if you press buttons to fast "busy" pops up. I don't have wi-fi or bluetooth issues at all? I used my camera since Around August /September 2016, and Love it! I also purchased the RC (remote control) that works as promised. I do own a gopro Hero 5 Session and Black, and All I get is issues with the black, I can deal with it and live with it b/c it will eventually get fixed, when, no one knows? As GoPro released their product in advance, we wait and wait till improvements are out, Today, November 2016 proved that they added with Quik editor telementry overlays, burt still left he QuikCapture drain? so you see nothing again is perfect?

Now that I offered you a little history it sure sounds tempting. I am no sales person, I hate spamming as you hate seeing spam? I just wanted to share what I felt will help those in need of a budget camera, and that I hope I did?

Down below you will always see a video, a photo, timelapse and more, I will always try my best to keep this updated, and seewher Yi brings us Next?

This camera offers now ten different Modes, with intervals, spot metering and more, everythign that gopro can do more or less? Yi has their own app and community to share the fun, I am here to share my fun, check them out on your own and decide what is best for you. I shall do my best to compare fair both camera's, what I love doing best. just will try to make them enjoyable, and if I made one person smile or helped one person out, my job here is done. means a lot to me to see a like, hear and read your comments if it is a rant or rave, as long as you keep it real . Iagain will do my best to help out. on that Note thank you for reading FISH
to be continued:

FISH

Last edited:

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
Pro's & Con's.

I heard a lot of great things as well Bad things, that should not stop you from your purchasing or decision making.

Pro's.

1. Price 203.99 with discounts from site rebate $3.00 plus $10.00 the lowest price $190.00

Con's
1. Instant start, delayed by 1.5 seconds.

Last edited:

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
Update:

Yi Technologies will be soon offering voice command for the Yi4K action camera. And they are working on the phone app to get this done. Just to let you know They added Dua lrecording, taking a photo during video via the phone app. I am awaited and recieved my Yi4K action cam on sale, and also awaiting broken parts to arrive. andwill be crossing my fingers to get back a working model.

Over the months of use the sound can also be an issue, but is quite understandable. Warmer video, and better low level shots, does make hte yi4K an action camera to have with you at all times, its compact, smaller than the Hero 5, lighter, but still not waterproof out of the box? No doors to lose, or to break, if your camera has an issue, like any company Yi has excellent support, that will shock you, suprize you, to make you a customer for life, As long as you treat others with respect tehy'll treat you the same.

I talked about issues and did not mention about a gimbal that I picked up noise, uncertain if its just my camera or some, it's a gamble, but sound is my concern, and with the slightest breeze will cause sound distortion. never are any camera's perfect, and that we all again must understand, you get what you paid for?

GoPro has created the best gopro ever a perfect video camera, with new and improved sound, as an option with the promic adapter. using the default of the camera, you'll run ito Protune sound issues, and well a bottled, or fish bowl type swerly sound, very disturbing and unusable. Could this be where Yi will win people over, or gopro overwhel the world by a hero 5 recall. No one knows. Just wanted to share an update about the Yi 2 4 K action camera. keep watching for future vids and updates

FISH