Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Won't stay logged in

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

biff.org

Dec 15, 2014
Dilworth, MN
I can't go 5 seconds without the site logging me out. Every move requires me to log back in constantly. I have used Chrome and Edge with the same results. Off to IE next.

If this is a common issue, please let me know what the cure is. I hope this post works, as it means I have probably logged in upwards of 10 times to get it to post.

Thanks in advance.

Jatekman

Dec 21, 2017
Germany
No, never heard about this problem.
Most time I am on IPad but also on Windows or IPhone the site works well.
Maybe you ask a computer guru what to do.
Good luck!

biff.org

Dec 15, 2014
Dilworth, MN
No, never heard about this problem.
Most time I am on IPad but also on Windows or IPhone the site works well.
Maybe you ask a computer guru what to do.
Good luck!
I was thinking this had to do with the Ad Blocker I use in Chrome. That is why I went on to other platforms and browsers. I'm no Guru, but I do need to state that I am a Microsoft employee with 25+ years experience with Microsoft partners/resellers. That does not show bias, but rather experience. (I hope anyway)

I have tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10, Chrome, Edge and IE.
I have also tested on IOS on both iPhone 8 and iPad Pro 12" with Chrome. I don't use Safari whenever possible.

We will see what shakes down.

Thanks for any input or advice.

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
question do you put the mouse over the Log in and see it appear, if not that is the problem all works here.

biff.org

Dec 15, 2014
Dilworth, MN
question do you put the mouse over the Log in and see it appear, if not that is the problem all works here.
Thanks for the quick reply Fish.

Yes, I am logged in to start, and it shows my screen name at the top next to the messages button. For example, when I clicked reply to this thread, it asked me to login again.

Once I filled out the text of this reply, it once again asked me to log in again. And by the time I am done typing, I am sure it will ask me to login one more time.

It's odd and annoying to the point that I don't care to use the forum. I am going to test again from another browser on this thread.

Thanks everyone!

Mark

PS: This was done one Windows 10 and Chrome with Adblock

biff.org

Dec 15, 2014
Dilworth, MN
The previous response required 3 login's before I could get it to submit.

This response required me to login twice to get in. Which did hold. I am using Windows 10 and IE 11.

I also had to login three times to get the reply to post. On the third, I clicked the "remember me" button so that it would store my credentials. This is sin as far as I am concerned as I never allow browsers to store my credentials.

So if the site requires that, that would be a huge bummer.

biff.org

Dec 15, 2014
Dilworth, MN
well I head to another machine see if you can log on. smartphone or another machine.
Being able to login is not the issue. And as stated, I can login from two versions of windows and two different IOS devices. It's staying logged in long enough to do anything.

As I hit the reply button on your post, it asked me to login. Since I cached my credentials, I only had to hit login. Once I typed this message, and hit "submit reply" it asked for them yet again, and I hit login.

It's just odd.

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
I hear ya . If [MENTION=1]AJ[/MENTION] can not chime in see if its at his end but who knows. you did your best.