Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Will my phone wall plug charger that outputs "5.0V...550mah" charge my gopro hero 3+?

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

pointbob

Sep 11, 2015
Will my phone wall plug charger that outputs "5.0V...550mah" charge my gopro hero 3+?

Will my phone wall plug charger that outputs 5.0V...550mah charge my gopro?

gopro says it needs to be 5.0V...1ah; will this work and just take a little longer? or will it fry my hero?

thanks

p fandango

Jul 5, 2015
it'll do as you say, just take longer too charge. As your going to be drawing the maximum out of the plug you might want to monitor the temperature of it while charging

pmk

Jan 2, 2015
I've found that Blackberry phone chargers work ultra reliably with GoPro H3 Blk + and H4 Blk.
I even run my GoPro's directly with no battery fitted, again using the Blackberry PSU.
There are some "funnies" when doing this though, they're well documented on YouTube.
But basicall you need to power your GoPro up without the SD card, then apply the USB power, pull the USB power and reinsert the SD card and it'll power up just fine.

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
not all charger will be supported, As long as the requirements are within the specs you be good. check the charger black on black font for the info