I've.a Hero 2 Motorsports edition that I've had about a year. I use it when I autocross and when I ride my motorcycle.
I recently bought an Astak CM-7500, which is a GoPro clone that cost me $180. It sits between a Hero 2 and Hero 3, feature-wise. It also comes with a LOT of accessories. Most of the accessories can be used by the GoPro, and vice versa.
I also have an Emerson ActionCam HD but that thing is pretty much disposable.
- flip camera. (Wish they still were making them)
- Tachyon XCHD action cam. (totally worthless in my opinion)
- A couple of pairs of spy glasses. (Totally worthless in my opinion)
- Xtreame HD action cam from Chinavasion, (Ok, but has limitations)
- Two 808 key chain cameras, (Ok, but have limitations)
- Mobius camera. (In the mail at present)
- GoPro 960, (Wish they still had it in production with GoPro)
- GoPro HD Silver, (My best action cam so far, but has limitations)
- Swann Freestyle, (Not useless, but I would not purchase another one, myself)
Lots of Point and Shoot cameras that also do video.
Each has a special use where one may do better than the other for some specific purpose. I have the Mobius on order and have not done much with the two 808 cameras (#16 each) just yet. Both GoPro cameras are the best I have had. I like the simplicity of the 960 more than all the newer models by GoPro with all the new bells and jangles on them.