Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

What else do you own?

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

a.finch

Dec 13, 2012
I do underwater photography and have a Canon system.

I plan to mount the GoPro to the top of my housing to give me a bit more scope.

RobAGD

Dec 29, 2012
Hero HD
Hero 3 Black
Panasonic GV320 MiniDV
Panasonic V700 HD 1080p@60
Canon Rebel XT
Olympus 1010 Point n Shoot

:)

-Robert

Sleasys14

Mar 6, 2012
Here lately I mostly take out the gopro. If I'm some where not by my self I give the contour to a friend.

Sent from my MiPhone !

PTdude

Jan 11, 2013
New Mexico
Hero HD
Hero 2
Hero 3 Black Edition

Nowadays I rarely use Hero HD since the interface and footage does not compare to the other 2. Just got the hero 3, love it

Sparky

Sep 29, 2012
For my off-road vehicle I now have installed 2 GP2's with the WiFi backpacks and controlled by a single wireless remote. The wireless remote feature is most welcome !!

I also have a modified Contour + with a variable zoom lens with builtin GPS. Here's a pic of it --

401057997.jpg

I really like the Contour platform. One can set all the camera settings before one goes out to shoot a video. This can also be done via bluetooth although the range is just a few inches. The ability to make all camera adjustments -- Contrast - Color - Sharpenss - Internal/External mic gain .. Etc. -- -- Sure cuts down on post video processing. And the builtin GPS is absolutely Golden. To process the GPS file I use Dashware to imbed various gauges in the finished video.

To do this with the GP I have to use an external GPS Data Logger (QSTARZ 10Hz Pro) and then try and sinc which is very time consuming. Also the inability of setting any settings before a shoot and no GPS makes the GP camera lineup not as desirable as the Contour offerings - With the exception of GP's wireless remote -- For me this is a GREAT feature.

One feature of the GP camera's that I really like is -- Using the 2 camera's the way I do -- 1 facing forward the other facing rearward -- I can using Ciniform import both video's -- They are timed to the 100th of a second .... Then create a side by side video. Quite interesting to watch and so easy to create !!

Another issue with the Contour camera is the metal sleeve encasing the camera. If static electricity is in the area -- Touching the camera sends a spark that can be felt on the finger - And this renders the camera inoperative. To resolve one has to remove the battery and start all over. The spark also destroys any video's on the memory card. I solved this issue by using a 2" wide strip of electrical tape and covering the aluminum sleeve.

The reason I've switched to the GP camera's is -- It is possible to brick the Contour - And I've finally done this to mine. It's impossible to brick a GP camera the way I have them setup as I never touch the cameras. All control is done via the remote -- Sure miss configuring them though and missing the GPS feature is a real hardship as the workaround is very clumbersome.

With the wireless remote -- I can to some degree control the video's taken. I usually take 40 during a days outing -- 20 front/20 rear and batch upload them to the Tube. I don't do any video post processing as I don't have the time. I can't say enogugh good things about the wireless remote !!

Just a few of my observations and opinions . . .

:)

Guarddog

Jan 30, 2013
Intova Sport HD, great customer service. I have Heros too but I like the Intova for diving and ease of use

pyrate

Feb 10, 2013
hero hd
HeEro 3 black
Sealife dc1400
Canon t3i
Canon hd video camer h20 i think

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

bif

Feb 7, 2013
San Angelo Texas
Two Hero2's
Two Panasonic GH2's
Panasonic GH3

I'm 74 1/2 so I don't dive, cliffjump, fly windsuits, ski, or skateboard (that would be a sight!). I use the GoPro's mostly for vehicle footage and situations where I don't want to risk the GH2's or GH3.

Yak

Mar 17, 2013
Nikon D5100
D3100
D40
Sony HD vid cam
GP Silver
2 Nikon point and shoots