Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

What computer/specs do you use for 4K editing?

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

matt4477

Jan 24, 2019
I am on a budget of 700.00 and trying to find out what people are using to edit and upload 4K videos. software I can figure out, but the computer part is stumping me at the moment.Thanks in advance

Jatekman

Dec 21, 2017
Germany
Hallo and welcome to the forum!
My computer is a All-in-One Lenovo and I am using Magix Pro, when working with 4K material also activating proxys and that works fine.

Ciao Rob

IMG_0566.jpg
IMG_0567.jpg

Last edited:

al_vendra

Aug 16, 2019
www.youtube.com
budget i think is fine. just pick a good cpu (pick amd one which is good and cheaper).
U don't need a ultra hardware to work with 4k videos cause u can use proxy files and then just export: try looking youtube guide

NikkiBella

Aug 22, 2019
The RecoveryTool Video Editor is great. Thank you so much.
download.recovery-tool.com/tools/recoverytool-video-editor.exe

Last edited:

Julian Smith

Sep 15, 2019
You might consider Adobe Premiere Elements. It edits in 1080p without changing the original footage, then allows you to output the result in any resolution up to 4K. Note that this software does not use the video card, but almost entirely the CPU. My suggestion is to get the best CPU you can afford, then add a better video card later if you need it. With your budget, it may not be possible to edit in 4K, either in hardware or software.