Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Welcome to GoProFanatics.com!

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

Kajuna

Nov 17, 2019
goprotelemetryextractor.com
Hey guys,

I'm Juan and I'm the developer behind the GoPro Telemetry Extractor

I can provide assistance on telemetry-related topics: GPS, forces, conversion to other formats, "why Quik does not show my gauges" and things like that.

Owner of Hero 2, Hero 5 Session, Hero 7 Black and frequent user of Fusion

basicbill

Feb 26, 2013
St. Charles, IL USA
www.basicbill.com
Hey guys,

I can provide assistance on telemetry-related topics: GPS, forces, conversion to other formats, "why Quik does not show my gauges" and things like that.

Hey welcome.

I do have a question. Is telemetry available for Timewarp videos?

Thanks.

Bill

CollingsBob

Dec 26, 2019
Hi..Bob, from Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada..I bought a GoPro Hero 7 Black to document motorcycle trips. I bought the mic adaptor as well. I’ll be looking for info/suggestions/recommendations for equipment for long moto vlogging recordings

blmeanie

Feb 4, 2013
hey - do you have recommendations outside of Quik for showing the telemetry data in video? Seems there is a a lot of white space, specifically on a mac.

Thanks,

Steve

Hey guys,

Kajuna

Nov 17, 2019
goprotelemetryextractor.com
hey - do you have recommendations outside of Quik for showing the telemetry data in video? Seems there is a a lot of white space, specifically on a mac.

Thanks,

Steve
Hey, sorry for my late reply. The notification went to the spam folder.

What do you mean by white space? I personally create gauges in After Effects, and have experimented with them in Virb Edit too. In both cases I export the data first with the Telemetry Extractor I created.

Last edited:

apple of the earth

Feb 17, 2020
hey everyone!
Im hoping to learn more about using the gopro while snorkeling and diving!
Have a bunch of videos i want to share and ask for tips too!

Mirela

May 5, 2020
Hi :)

I want ask how can I share a video, where and how it will be appropriate. I don't want to break any rules... I tried sending a private message to AJ because he was the admin in the welcoming message but I can't because he reached his private message limit...Can you help me?

bovk

Jul 3, 2020
Bovk

Hi everybody. New here. Photo 30+ years, video from Super 8 era, GoPto since Session 5. MTB, travel, family

iomatty

Aug 12, 2020
Hello I am Matt,

I am a flight attendant for a major airline and thus have had plenty of international adventures but only recently got into using a Gopro. I am very new to photography/videography and am excited to learn! I joined for the purpose of being a part of a good community of people that I can learn from.

Right now I am interested in finding the must-have accessories without breaking the bank. As I mentioned I am a flight attendant so we don't make much but the benefits are why we fly ;)
I use a Gopro Hero 8.

Reactions: AJ

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
Hello I am Matt,

I am a flight attendant for a major airline and thus have had plenty of international adventures but only recently got into using a Gopro. I am very new to photography/videography and am excited to learn! I joined for the purpose of being a part of a good community of people that I can learn from.

Right now I am interested in finding the must-have accessories without breaking the bank. As I mentioned I am a flight attendant so we don't make much but the benefits are why we fly ;)
I use a Gopro Hero 8.
Welcome aboard, it may be bestto create a new post and ask there as well, as this was a intro, teh hijack (take over a topic) a thread. happy sailing at goprofanatics.

basicbill

Feb 26, 2013
St. Charles, IL USA
www.basicbill.com
Welcome. GoPro's are great for travel.

Accessories... how about a short tripod such as https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/shorty/AFTTM-001.html. Maybe an extra battery. How about a suction cup mount to attach to a window to catch a few takeoffs and landings. https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/suction-cup/AUCMT-302.html
Similar, non-GoPro accessories can be had for lower costs, too.
And I use this Telesin case https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FF125TZ/ for my 8 to protect the non-replaceable lens when I toss it into a travel bag.

Bill

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Hello I am Matt,

I use a Gopro Hero 8.
Welcome Matt!

What sort of things do you like to film?

I've got a few personal favorites like the Chest Mount, sticky mounts, suction cup mount and I'm a big fan of the 3-way mount as well. I can get some great shots with a mixture of these mounts for mountain biking, skiing, driving and waterskiing.