Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Welcome to GoProFanatics.com!

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Welcome to GoProFanatics.com - the ultimate GoPro Forum.

I decided to create this forum to provide a place for people to post their GoPro pictures and videos, talk about the camera, ask questions and discuss tips and tricks to get the most out of the GoPro.

GoProFanatics.com is a tight-knit group of individuals who share very similar interests so if you enjoy capturing yourself doing sports or other activities on the GoPro, you'll want to call this place home.

If you want to represent our forum in the form of stickers and t-shirts, we have both available!

T-Shirts: GoProFanatics GoPro Forum T-Shirts
goprofanatics-black-t-shirt_large.jpg

Stickers: GoProFanatics GoPro Forum Stickers
black-background_large.jpg

Introduce yourselves in this section!

Last edited:

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Be sure to introduce yourself if you're a new member in this section! Feel free to start a new thread and tell us a little bit about yourself.

jericjames

Oct 12, 2011
Hello everyone, I'm Jeric James from Manila, Philippines. Looking forward to meet new friends here and learn more things too.

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
By the way, I've never seen a kayak (I guess you would call it a kayak) like that where you can pump the pedals to move. That's very cool!

SpinfisherBob

Nov 4, 2011
New Gretna
Ultimate demise....water intrusion. The black plastic lens bezel eventually develops cracks that allow moisture in. The sun "steams" the camera, which is followed by intermittent behavior. Cam won't turn off, and in a few days won't turn on. After few more days the cam might work once or twice then......play taps for it. I would love to get an HD-2, but price vs durability in the salt water environment is holding me back.

Temperature changes and high humidity ... in the evening as the temp drops...moisture gets pulled in if the case is compromised. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/eP-RBVRSRkh3W9GRaLEr1Q?feat=directlink
Check out Hobie Mirage Kayaks, a truly engineered product.

SpinfisherBob

Nov 4, 2011
New Gretna
Ultimate demise....water intrusion. The black plastic lens bezel eventually develops cracks that allow moisture in. The sun "steams" the camera, which is followed by intermittent behavior. Cam won't turn off, and in a few days won't turn on. After few more days the cam might work once or twice then......play taps for it. I would love to get an HD-2, but price vs durability in the salt water environment is holding me back.

Temperature changes and high humidity ... in the evening as the temp drops...moisture gets pulled in if the case is compromised. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/eP-RBVRSRkh3W9GRaLEr1Q?feat=directlink
Check out Hobie Mirage Kayaks, a truly engineered product.

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Wow so the black bezel around the lens part of the case is where you had a crack? That's very odd.

I had a problem with the black latch/clip developing a crack.

The Hobie Mirage Kayak is amazing! Awesome technology if you ask me.

SpinfisherBob

Nov 4, 2011
New Gretna
Yes, the second camera did the same thing, I contacted go-pro and they sent me new parts. now , about a year later the cracks are appearing again....Will have to contact support again. The original case just developed a crack in the latch. I think it is bad plastic. But for 100 bucks ...what can you really expect?

Use a magnifying glass and look at the scews around the bezel

Last edited:

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Did GoPro ask when you bought it? My camera is 1.5 years old and I have a crack in the black latch/clip. I doubt I could file a warranty claim at this point.

I was just going to bite the bullet and order a new case.

The screws around the lens look good on my case but I will keep a close eye on them.

SpinfisherBob

Nov 4, 2011
New Gretna
I bought my first Go pro during the 2008-2009 fishing season. My Camera is always exposed to sun....I try keep a rag over it because it gets hot in the sun. Winter time I don't worry about the heat buildup so much but I think the temps from direct sunlight and the cold damp exterior put some expansion differentials on the case. I would send Go=Pro support and email with a picture of your cracked latch....I bet they send you a new latch for free....
Check out my Youtube channel....spinfisherbob's Channel - YouTube

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
I sent GoPro an email. I'm not expecting anything since it's outside of the warranty window. I am hoping they will sell me a new latch though instead of paying $40 for a new HD Housing.

I checked out your channel! You've got some great fishing footage. You can post individual videos in this section of your fishing vids: Other

We have a few members who fish on our forum. :) Me included but I only do it like twice a year.. :lol:

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Well GoPro got back to me and it looks like they're going to replace the latch for me! Woo hoo! Now that's awesome customer service. :D

Looks like I'm going to be placing an order for a HERO2 now as well.

born2ski

Sep 15, 2011
Toronto
Well GoPro got back to me and it looks like they're going to replace the latch for me! Woo hoo! Now that's awesome customer service. :D

Looks like I'm going to be placing an order for a HERO2 now as well.
WOW! Awesome service!!!

Watto11

Nov 10, 2011
Hello from watto

Hey guys just registered with this forum after being directed here from a mate I haven't got my gopro yet it's on order but I'm heading of dirt bike riding this weekend and my mate has generously lent me his to play with. I've had a couple of experiences with the gopro and am really impressed I can't wait to get one and start documenting my life basically I'm hoping to learn heaps from u guys and I'm sure I will
Cheers watto