Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

..video to dvd..

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

Whisky

May 6, 2013
please tell, is there a "free" program that can be used to burn gopro black video onto a dvd - my desktop computer has Windows 7. thank you

Whisky

May 6, 2013
please tell, is there a "free" program that can be used to burn gopro black video onto a dvd - my desktop computer has Windows 7. thank you
absolutely flabbergasted that there's nobody here who puts their video on dvd :cursing:

hybridzeg8

Jan 28, 2013
I put videos to DVD but the program cost $$ but this is what I've found for you read about it before downloading and definitly look up some reviews

DVD Flick

hybridzeg8

Jan 28, 2013
Sorry for the long reply I've been hooked on pinkbike.com looking at DH rigs nd kind of forgot about this forum lol

Whisky

May 6, 2013
yes, free trials - I'm trying those on a number of programs, just to check on the "ease of burning" - thanks

TECK

May 8, 2013
Just use ImgBurn (free). Combine it with MeGUI if your dvd player does not support mp4. If it does not, is older than my grandma. :D

steve_t

Feb 9, 2013
absolutely flabbergasted that there's nobody here who puts their video on dvd :cursing:
Not sure why you're flabbergasted.

With the advent of flash memory (USB thumb drives or whatever you want to call them) and cheap portable hard drives, not many people use optical media any more. I have hundreds of blank DVDs and CDs in my cupboard that I'll probably never use. It's even easier (and cheaper) to upload my videos to YouTube if I want to share them or have a 'cloud' copy of my completed video.

Buk

Jan 6, 2013
steve_t is absolutely correct. Wider audience and faster by posting to YouTube, without the hassle of burning DVDs and sending them to your friends/family. How often does the burning process fail, that was frustrating to me. Although some DVD software has stock formats, themes and even music to create your video and DVD. In addition, creating basic and complex menus and navigation that DVD software offers is nice. It used to be an advantage to burn a DVD and show it on your TV. Now with internet connected TVs, there is not advantage. YouTube can be viewed directly on your TV.

Least we forget, putting the videos onto phones and tablets is relatively easy too. I too have plenty of blank DVDs that may never get used.

Whisky

May 6, 2013
thanks for the replies - I prefer to put my videos on dvds - like viewing on my Plasmas - not interested in sharing via utube nor having friends and family crowd around a desktop (nor hooking-up the desktop to the tvs)

oh..you can send to me all the blank dvds that you'll not be using

theimmc

May 10, 2013
Sorry I can't answer your question regarding burning DVD video, I just wanted to point out that many devices can play back video files, some from USB sticks or SD cards, on TV. Or you can use the HDMI output of your laptop to do that. A quick search on Amazon turned up this one (disclaimer : I don't own one, never used one, just using it as an example). It probably costs less than a good DVD authoring suite. An added bonus - you get to view your videos in higher resolution than DVD's 720x480.

hajo

Jan 16, 2013
As with so many other topics, Google actually does a very decent job in answering your question. Lots of options to choose from: http://goo.gl/3Rpnt

--
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -- apologies for typos

Horence

May 18, 2017
To video convert, the more as I know is about how to convert iTunes M4V video to MP4. If you have purchased movies/TV shows from iTunes store, you may know all iTunes videos are in M4V which DRM protected, making it impossible to be played on non-Apple devices. Fortunately, now you can use M4V Video Converter Mac to remove DRM protection and convert videos from M4V to MP4, MPG, MOV, FLV, AVI, MP3, etc with all audio tracks, subtitles at faster speed with zero loss quality.