Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Video+Photo Mode ?'s

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

LArredondo

Apr 16, 2014
So I recently got the new GoPro 3+ for my birthday a month ago. I love to put it in Video+ Photo mode so it will take images while I'm filming, and the quality of the video is ok, it could be better. And the photos are really noisy. I've been trying to set my settings for better quality. the manual says
You can capture Simultaneous Video and Photo in one of the following
resolution settings: 1080p24 fps, 1080p30/25 fps, 720p60/50 fps or 1440p24 fps.
Now when I have my settings at 1440p24 fps and I attempt to turn on video + photo it beeps at me and says Disabled due to fps orprotune setting.
But I have the protune turned off. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

threefortyduster

Dec 29, 2013
Florida
I don't know. I just tried it on mine and it worked just fine on 1440p at 24 fps. Is it a black or silver edition?

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Bryson04

Dec 19, 2013
Tennessee
www.instagram.com
So I recently got the new GoPro 3+ for my birthday a month ago. I love to put it in Video+ Photo mode so it will take images while I'm filming, and the quality of the video is ok, it could be better. And the photos are really noisy. I've been trying to set my settings for better quality. the manual says
You can capture Simultaneous Video and Photo in one of the following
resolution settings: 1080p24 fps, 1080p30/25 fps, 720p60/50 fps or 1440p24 fps.
Now when I have my settings at 1440p24 fps and I attempt to turn on video + photo it beeps at me and says Disabled due to fps orprotune setting.
But I have the protune turned off. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Did you do the new update?

GoPro Hero 3 Black edition.

I am, what you would call, a GoPro fanatic-AJ

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
Possibly your micro card is not fast enough

Video will. E the resolution you chose. Photo will be what you set. But unsure if you'll get perfect shots. When you are panning too fast.

I shot many gig with vid + photo. I did a cruise and kept best to simply slow down any pann movements. All photo perfect. As well video

sgranata73

Oct 17, 2013
Rather than taking videos and photos simultaneously, I just shoot my video and pull stills out with the go pro app.

Bryson04

Dec 19, 2013
Tennessee
www.instagram.com
Rather than taking videos and photos simultaneously, I just shoot my video and pull stills out with the go pro app.
Simple and much easier on the GoPro. I don't like using photo+video because the GoPro is so powerful for how small it is and I don't like making it work more than needed.

GoPro Hero 3 Black edition.

I am, what you would call, a GoPro fanatic-AJ

threefortyduster

Dec 29, 2013
Florida
I have used the simultaneous video and photo before and it works well. I would make sure you have all the latest firmware on your camera and see if that resolves the problem.

What memory card are you using?

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

RichardH

Oct 19, 2015
Video+Photo Mode -- 1080 Super View

If you encounter this issue, the most likely cause is that you are in "1080 S" the S is for Super View. Narrow gives you a larger angle of view vertically, while Wild gives you a larger angle of view horizontally, super view is both "Wide and Tall".

Change to 1080 or one of the other non super-view settings and you will be fine.