Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Video Issues

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

mmaynard11

Nov 25, 2015
Hey everyone,
I just recently picked up a GoPro Black 3+ and when I replay back my videos they start out in normal speed for the first few seconds and then immediately go into slow-mo. This appears to happen once the camera is sat down on a surface. Any ideas what may be happening or do I have a defective unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtbprc

Mar 5, 2014
Assuming the GoPro is set at a frame rate that is faster than 30 frames per second, then it is working as designed. Playback at 30 frames per second will slow high frame rate capture. If the GoPro is set at a frame rate that is faster than 30 frames per second and "normal speed" playback is required, then it would be appropriate to get that video imported to a video editor, use the video editor's "speed up" feature to get the playback speed you want, then export/render at that preferred speed.

If the GoPro video capture frame rate is 30 fps and playback is still slow, we need to understand the media player, computer (and operating system) being used...