Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Time Lapse Videos Timelapse/Hyperlapse - Dundalk Ireland

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

markthedrum

Dec 8, 2014
I finally finished my 6 month long project of timelapsing/hyperlapsing around my hometown of Dundalk, Ireland. I captured over 37,000 photos to complete this. I posted it up 3 days ago and it's kinda gone viral reaching almost 20k views on Youtube.

Please let me know what you think and please share it or subscribe to me if you really do like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Tr4WwFFfU

Mark

Tony75_Spain

Jan 12, 2016
What a great video and what a beautiful city! those long hours of work definitely paid off ! Congrats !
which cameras and gadgets have you used to record it? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Hey Mark!

I really love this video. Seriously, well done.

Lots of great footage that kept me wanting to watch more.

markthedrum

Dec 8, 2014
What a great video and what a beautiful city! those long hours of work definitely paid off ! Congrats !
which cameras and gadgets have you used to record it? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, I used a GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition for it. For the panning shots I used the Flow Mow 360 panner. For the hyperlapse shots, I used a monopod with a Joby iphone attachment to view the footage on my iphone. I drew grid lines on my phone to line up each shot of the hyperlapse. In the scene near the end with Tesco Extra, I used a Joby Gorilla Pod to mount the camera on the slanted hand rail, the gorilla pod has a ball head and spirit level so I was able to level out the shot. For everything else I used a tripod, the pond in Icehouse Hill Park, it was a table top tripod for that to get the camera closer to the ground.

Hope that helps ya out, thanks for viewing.