Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

The videos on youtube of sony vs gopro

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

FTLOSM

Jun 10, 2014
Hey all certainly not here to bash but curious, i've watched a few side by side video things on youtube of the sony action cam next to the gopro, seemed like the sony was kicking it's butt in clarity and color in some situations.

This puzzles me because I want a gopro (leaning towards the hero4silver), I guess I can wait just a bit for someone to show some side by sides with the sony's of the new hero 4 models but I am curious are these videos gopro haters or doctored? Some look so grainy on the gopro side, yet other videos from users using gopro's look great so I am confused?

Also a lot of talk about the sony having stabilization, (remember I am new to gopro still haven't got one) but I swore i read the hero4's would have some sort of stabilization but it also could have been one of the dozens of "leak" unofficial reports we all read over the last few months.

It will be hard to wait but I will watch youtube over the next week or so for some hero4 vs sony type videos and see if any of this is addressed mentioned and best of all side by side compared, but curious to those who know more than me (many) are the sony's just better image quality or ?

FTLOSM

Jun 10, 2014
I figured by the end of the first day someone would post a video of the sony vs hero 4's so far I haven't found it yet to see.

dtbprc

Mar 5, 2014
I would love to see a Sony go through what I've put my Hero2 through! I'm amazed it works still.

FTLOSM

Jun 10, 2014
It would be interesting to see some drop test kind of videos on the various action cams.