Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

So sick of 2.5

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

MLars

Jan 1, 2013
MA
I was a big fan of 2.0, never had a problem and all my edits looked great. Now with 2.5 it always has the "GoPro studio has stopped working" every 2 minutes, and the quality while editing has dropped drastically. Anyone else have any problems??

dtbprc

Mar 5, 2014
I always go back to older ver on cnet.com and point many people there.

MLars

Jan 1, 2013
MA
That's a good idea. It seems gopro support is no help. They said my graphics card (Intel hd3000) is not good enough and that's causing my problems. On their site they RECOMMEND at least an hd4000 FOR 4k EDITING. I'm only editing 1080p. And it worked fine before.

Farron

Nov 11, 2014
I recently had tons of problems with the current and 2 previous versions of GP Studio. I installed them one after the other and each didn't work when they previously had. I tried everything except messing with my graphics card. I figured that it worked fine before so it shouldn't be the problem now. Having believed I exhausted all other options I did the downloaded the latest driver from the card's manufacturer and manually uninstalled the driver already in my system. It's been working great ever since!

MLars

Jan 1, 2013
MA
I recently had tons of problems with the current and 2 previous versions of GP Studio. I installed them one after the other and each didn't work when they previously had. I tried everything except messing with my graphics card. I figured that it worked fine before so it shouldn't be the problem now. Having believed I exhausted all other options I did the downloaded the latest driver from the card's manufacturer and manually uninstalled the driver already in my system. It's been working great ever since!
What graphics card do you have? I already updated mine and studio has been inconsistent as to wether it will work or not. It's quite temperamental.

lasharka

Sep 8, 2014
Do these (or other) issues crop up on a Mac as well? I just got a new Macbook Pro (loaded to GoPro needs - quad core i7, 2.5 ghz). Hope the Studio 2.5 issues get resolved. (HERO4 Black)

Farron

Nov 11, 2014
What graphics card do you have? I already updated mine and studio has been inconsistent as to wether it will work or not. It's quite temperamental.
I honestly have no idea! I just followed some instructions I found online and it's worked perfectly ever since. The instructions were clear that if updating did not work, then the driver should be uninstalled and then a new one downloaded and installed.

Gomedina

Apr 20, 2015
Hey guys wow I though I was the only one like this guy they told me the same thing that my intel core processor wasn't good enough and I have i3 core processor but a big one I think because I have 6 ram when 4 are required and 3.60ghz so I know that's not the issue and I WAS JUST USING IT IN THE SAME PC my computer did some upgrades over night and im guessing go pro was updated too ever since uuuuuughhhh!! its been insane!!! is there any fix please help!! can we go back to the previous version?? let me know thanks!!

Bryson04

Dec 19, 2013
Tennessee
www.instagram.com
Woah you can go back to an older version!! Thanks man. I enjoy converting my video to AVI via GoPro studio because it is less compressed and easier for premiere. But since 2.5 they switched to cfd ( or something like that) code and it's only for cineiform so premiere can't open those files.

GoPro Creations.

Instagram- Instagram
Twitter- https://mobile.twitter.com/GoProCreations
Email- Goprocreations4@gmail.com
View attachment 3116

vw151

Jun 21, 2015
Mine crashes every time I try to export a still image in edit mode. It was working fine, now it's not, I don't know what changed. I've tried everything I can find so far.

Rug

Jun 24, 2015
Hi. New to the forum so hope my reply ties in with this thread.

I had GoPro Studio 2.0 on my computer(Windows 7 i3 Toshiba) but when the 2.5.5(?) update came out I tried installing it. I ran the update and a message said delete/uninstall old version......tick.....then the update continued but then it said a setup error(Error 80070661) had occurred and will have to close so I clicked ok. Now the old version is gone and the update keeps having the error message come up. I deleted the update and tried to reinstall the whole Studio package without success.

I updated all outstanding programs(Java Runtime environment 6[32Bit], Flash Player ActiveX, Flash Player Plugin etc........but don't know if these are required just for a program download/update???) and cleared the cache as per GoPros online support advice to no avail.

At a dead end now............other than going to cnet.com and getting the older version as suggested above.

PS: Not super computer savvy so please be gentle.