Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Sandisk Ultra Micro SD good?

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

Joak

Dec 15, 2015
Hi. I just got a GoPro HERO and bought sandisk ultra micro sd, the filming looked a little grey. inside i almost couldnt see anything. Can the memory card be the reason?

Navid_Afradi

Nov 25, 2015
Video quality, White balance or color has nothing to with Memory card. Memory card problems are of different naturen

onyx

Dec 21, 2015
Hi, i saw the Sandisk Ultra cards in Tesco(uk) as i just bought myself a GoPro Hero basic like you, but read reviews that people advised not to use the Ultra card with a GoPro because the write speed was poor. The next one up is the Sandisk Extreme which should be ok with write speed >49Mb/s. I bought my 32Gb for just £13 in Tesco, it's £17 on Amazon uk at mo. No issues with recording video to card but like you the low light recording is worse than i was expecting. I had the Hero 4 Silver before and assumed the entry GoPro Hero would be nearly as good on video recording but i don't think it is. So you are not alone, you could try changing the spot meter setting to 'ON' so exposure isn't as affected by the dark surrounding of the room.

G_ngan

Feb 21, 2015
Hi, i saw the Sandisk Ultra cards in Tesco(uk) as i just bought myself a GoPro Hero basic like you, but read reviews that people advised not to use the Ultra card with a GoPro because the write speed was poor. The next one up is the Sandisk Extreme which should be ok with write speed >49Mb/s. I bought my 32Gb for just £13 in Tesco, it's £17 on Amazon uk at mo. No issues with recording video to card but like you the low light recording is worse than i was expecting. I had the Hero 4 Silver before and assumed the entry GoPro Hero would be nearly as good on video recording but i don't think it is. So you are not alone, you could try changing the spot meter setting to 'ON' so exposure isn't as affected by the dark surrounding of the room.
I think the GoPro official spec for Hero is class 4 minimum (4mb/s). Not sure which version you are referring to but the latest Ultra is actually 48mb/s which is higher than class 10 (10mb/s). Matter of fact, I've been using a class 2 and class 4 with my Hero and there's no issue whatsoever.

onyx

Dec 21, 2015
I think the GoPro official spec for Hero is class 4 minimum (4mb/s). Not sure which version you are referring to but the latest Ultra is actually 48mb/s which is higher than class 10 (10mb/s). Matter of fact, I've been using a class 2 and class 4 with my Hero and there's no issue whatsoever.
That's the read speed, the write speed the camera writes the data to the memory card for the Sandisk ultra is only around 12-16mb/sec.
If u have a look over on Amazon reviews you can see users results from the data tests they run.

G_ngan

Feb 21, 2015
That's the read speed, the write speed the camera writes the data to the memory card for the Sandisk ultra is only around 12-16mb/sec.
If u have a look over on Amazon reviews you can see users results from the data tests they run.
I am aware those are read speed. Take a look of this http://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations. Almost none of the manufacture says write speed so we will just have to go by the recommendation from GoPro and Ultra is more than enough for Hero.

Like I said, I've been using class 4 without any issue.