Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Recording time

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

mtsheron

Jul 7, 2018
I just finished up my first outing which was a lengthy boat ride into the marsh into the bay area near Folly Beach in SC and the recording broke it into segments of "17:41" 17 mins. 41 seconds for a total of four segments and the first three with that time limit. Is this the limit per video file? It recorded like "GoPro0076"...."GoPro1076"...."GoPro2076".....and "GoPro3076". Together it was the complete one way outing to the lighthouse we went to.

Can you set it to run a continuous video file or is this the max as to make it easier and less time when transferring it?

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
Did you read the manual even though its a pro tip chaptering will be how gopro and many cameras today use a fat 32 systens

gives some info about chaptering, we all must edit. hope thathelped a little

mtsheron

Jul 7, 2018
Did you read the manual even though its a pro tip chaptering will be how gopro and many cameras today use a fat 32 systens

gives some info about chaptering, we all must edit. hope thathelped a little
It does help. Thanks. Actually my unit did not come with a operating manual! I bought it new on Amazon and it was sealed. It had a manual but did not go into operating the unit and the details of the unit functions.

mtsheron

Jul 7, 2018
here is where you may see a good amount of info for the camera. glad you are enjoying the camera.
Its working great and the picture is unbelievable. Thanks for the links! Its going kayaking next in the estuaries and ocean so it will be put to some good work this week.