Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Problems after firmware update

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

Karlc

Apr 18, 2015
Hello, I'm new to gopro and the forum, I recently purchased a used gopro hero HD. It worked great until I did the firmware update. I installed it the proper way according to gopro, and it worked great until I shut off the camera. When I turn it back on, I can't change the modes, it stays stuck on the photo icon. I tried reinstalling the firmware and it would work again until I shut it off. I hoping someone could help me out, it at least tell me how to down grade the firmware back to the original. Thanks

who

Dec 14, 2014
Had the same problem. Try taking the SD card out and see if it will go thru the menus without it. I also reinstalled firmware and it didn't help. Eventually I had to contact gopro and getting a replacement soon

Danny Hays

Apr 27, 2015
Have you tried manually updating? I downloaded the update zip file, unzipped it and replaced the Update folder on the Micro SD card with the new one. Turned the camera on and it updated fine. Shut on and off a few times but then said updated. All works good. I verified by seeing if 2.7k had the 60p option it didn't have before.