Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Powering from 12v

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

dwabbit

Mar 17, 2015
Im building a portable power supple for my gopro.
I plan on using a couple of small SLA batteries in parallel. Giving me 12v Dc feeding this to a cigarette lighter adapter normally used in cars to charge phone etc. Im using a higher power version output 2400mA the reason for this is looking at other blogs the gropro 4 will draw a max of about 1200mA so using the high power adapter I wont be pushing it to its limits compared to the 1000mA versions
This drops the power down to the required 5v DC
Ive also got a couple of TOMTOM adapters that also give 5v at 2000mA as backups.
All to be mounted in an IP rated case so i can do longer timelapse outside

shift

Jun 25, 2013
Originally i just used a 12v ups 7ah battery since I had lots. If I was to rebuild I would use loops or something light with high capacity.

What are you using to house it all?

Horence

May 18, 2017
The power inverter that I have used to charge camera when camping outside is 1000w power inverter from bestek. This tool is powerful, you just need to connect it with car cigarette lighter charger outlet. Then you can use it to charge in safe way. Or you can get more information on bestekmall. Hope this point is useful to you. Have a nice day.

p fandango

Jul 5, 2015
The power inverter that I have used to charge camera when camping outside is 1000w power inverter from bestek. This tool is powerful, you just need to connect it with car cigarette lighter charger outlet. Then you can use it to charge in safe way. Or you can get more information on bestekmall. Hope this point is useful to you. Have a nice day.
please don't take offence, but using a 12volt source to power a 1000w 240volt invertor, which your then reducing to 5volt to charge a GoPro is a very ineffective way of doing it

Horence

May 18, 2017
The 400w power inverter DC 12v to AC 110v is the tool for me to charge camera battery when travel outside. Easy way for me to handle this tool is to connect with car cigarette lighter charger outlet. You can use this tool to charge laptop, phone, small lights and other products. Or you can search bestekmall on Google to learn more about its detail functions. Hope this point is useful to you.