Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

New Hero Session

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

audeo

Jun 26, 2016
I recently decided to buy a Hero Session and immediately got confused when I realized they have repackaged and renamed it.
The old Hero4 Session is still available at some retailers, while others now have the Hero Session (they dropped the 4 in the name.)
It looks like the new version doesn't come with all the additional mounts the old version had.

So I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is any real difference between the versions of the camera. I would seem to me, I'd be better off getting the old version with all the mounts, if the camera is the same. I could see that the newer would probably have newer firmware, but that should be upgraded easily.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

biff.org

Dec 15, 2014
Dilworth, MN
Do you suppose this happened about the time that they dropped the price of the Session? They probably realized it was overpriced, pulled all the extras out of the package and dropped it $100.

Not sure, but that would explain it. Let us know when it can do 1024 a 120fps and I may bite on one

mattelation

Feb 26, 2015
I bought a Session with basic mounts. Low profile cage and knuckle buckle cost me less than £10 from Amazon. Job done.

GeorgeSlade

Feb 1, 2016
England
www.youtube.com
Hi

I just picked up the Hero Session as it is now called, I got it from gopro's website to go along side my other two gopro's it had a deal with 32gb sd card and drawstring badg free. However you are right instead of 3 buckles and 2 housings it now just comes with regular housing and buckle which was a little dissapointing as i was looking forward to using the low profile housing. However i have found it very cheap online. If you can get the hero 4 session version at the lower price definitely get that as you with have more for your money!

p fandango

Jul 5, 2015
it was just a repackage & remove anything they can charge for, i've got one of each & no difference no their out of the box