Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

New here......

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

mtsheron

Jul 7, 2018
Well first I am new on the forums and would like to say hello. This is my first GoPro as well and I would like to say just in my initial setting it up and testing the system it appears to be working fine. I mainly purchased this unit for kayaking and mounting to the bow of the kayak. Has anyone used for such and this would be mainly in saltwater marshes and estuaries and open waters on the SC coast. What effect does saltwater have on this system. And I know it is only rated to 33 feet depth and that should not be ever passed. I just hope saltwater will not have an ill effect on the system. I will wash it with fresh water of course when I am back from kayaking.

Thank you and look forward to the feedback.

X5rdman

Dec 31, 2012
If you keep it rinsed off after each trip you should be good. As we all know saltwater will build up. If you’re worried buy a dive housing or better yet a dome housing to use. The dome housing gets those cool half under half out of water shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jatekman

Dec 21, 2017
Germany
Hello and welcome to the forum!
I have often used my GoPro 6 in saltwater and after washing with fresh water never got problems.

Ciao Rob