Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

New Gopro user, wheelchair user trying to figure it out

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

abacoian

Aug 16, 2019
FL
My wife surprised me for my birthday with a 7 black, very awesome! My phone, samsung galaxy prime 7 (I think) isn't compatible with the app so I had to plug it into the laptop to update. Is there a way to transfer files to laptop via bluetooth without having to plug in?

My right hand works well but my left hand is very limited, so far I haven't been able to take the camera out of case or open the charging door without needing help.

I want to do outdoors footage, down the sidewalk, a nature trail, a state forest. The mount that I thought would make things easy for me is a ball cap mount, just went out to check the mail and tried my first recording. Hopefully there's a way to transfer video without removing the case, if not I may consider removing the usb plug door permanently to be able to plug into laptop.

I'd like to shoot some vlog typed videos too facing the camera. Any suggestions on an easy switch between mount from ball cap to mini tripod / handheld shooting greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to find ways to get my video and transfer to laptop without needing help. It would be awesome just to shoot and minimal edit and upload. Hopefully that will happen.

Thank you for listening and for any help.
Ian

Jatekman

Dec 21, 2017
Germany
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Transferring files with Bluetooth doesn't work, you have to plug the GoPro to the computer- a better and faster way is to plug in the SD card with an adapter.
Removing the USB door means of course that the cam isn't waterproof.
Maybe you can use your ball cap as a grip to do vlog shots.

I wish you good luck and success and hope to see some of your stuff.

Ciao Rob

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
the side port door will come off and can be left off, and the camera will not be waterproof, people are afraid a micro drop of humidity will harm it?

For the phone I am a IOS Iphone can not help there you should be fine USB type c to the camera and pressing the Side button .. For the Frame, it is a tough one at first but ytou get used to it.

it will wirelessly transfer only via the App & phone not pc.

abacoian

Aug 16, 2019
FL
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Transferring files with Bluetooth doesn't work, you have to plug the GoPro to the computer- a better and faster way is to plug in the SD card with an adapter.
Removing the USB door means of course that the cam isn't waterproof.
Maybe you can use your ball cap as a grip to do vlog shots.

I wish you good luck and success and hope to see some of your stuff.

Ciao Rob
Thank you for the help and encouragement. I uploaded my first video, nothing great but it's a start.

abacoian

Aug 16, 2019
FL
I just used the usb to transfer, I may consider getting a case with the connection slots already cut out. Thank you