Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

New Firmware for Hero 3 Black, 03.02.37 (v02.37)

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

sparks

Apr 23, 2013
Guys I'm new here and been thinking about getting the Hero 3 black, but after reading about it having numerous probs. I might wait a while.
I am in Australia and am wondering if this latest firmware update (April) has fixed most issues before I buy.
cheers Rob

PeteDee

Mar 23, 2013
I have had no problems with my Silver and Black since I bought them, well one lockup on the Silver when brand new but nothing since going to the new firmware.

Buy with confidence I say but of course it is still possible that some issues may occur, some of it will depend on what card you use, generally buying one of the better cards will assist in avoiding that, not had any problems with Sandisk Ultra 64Gb cards.

Pete

sparks

Apr 23, 2013
Thanks guys for your reply's, seems the latest update may be a good one.
To save me some effort I might try to find one with the latest firmware already installed (not old stock)
cheers Rob

PeteDee

Mar 23, 2013
As long as you have the latest Java installed the the update should be pretty straight forward, the manual update is pretty easy anyway.

Pete

JediSkipdogg

Dec 14, 2012
Update works for me. Gopro's site still won't connect to my camera. Their site says my Java isn't installed yet it is and turned on. Manual update worked flawlesslly and I've had no issues since.

Of course, I've never had any issues from my GoPro besides on slight hiccup with preview on my Android, basically it didn't work. Soft reboot of the camera solved that issue. Just used it last weeked at my first outdoor wedding (first time I could truely use it) and wow, the quality is on par with my $2000 Canon video camera. Amazing shot of the gazebo with the lake behind it. Now to just buy a Silver so I can have a third camera for weddings.

InsomniacP

Jan 7, 2013
Lancashire UK
Guys I'm new here and been thinking about getting the Hero 3 black, but after reading about it having numerous probs. I might wait a while.
I am in Australia and am wondering if this latest firmware update (April) has fixed most issues before I buy.
cheers Rob
I have had mine some time and no problems, all I can suggest is that some issues are more isolated than you would think.. Most iterate customers end up here to vent off hense why you see so many on forums!

Gopro sell thousands of the cameras and you see a handful of unhappy folk here!