Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

New Firmware for Hero 3 Black, 03.02.37 (v02.37)

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

konrous

Mar 29, 2013
Finally the new firmware is here :)
Although it does not mention anything about bug fixes/crashes, let's hope that the GoPro team has make its miracle.

You can find it here:
Firmware Release Information for all Products | GoPro Support

Or if you want to grab it with out any registration procedure:
http://cbcdn2.gopro.com/uploads/firmware-bundles/firmware_bundle/1918813/update.zip

HERO3: Black Edition
current firmware version: HD3.03.02.37
Wi-Fi version: 3.4.2.9
release date: 04/03/2012
Feature Enhancements:
FW version # is now visible on upon startup.
Narrow FOV 1080p30/1080p60 (Protune)
Narrow FOV 720p60 (Protune)
Medium FOV 720p60 (Protune)
Default start-up mode is now 960p48

Last edited:

Mr Ree

Jan 23, 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
Thank you, I have downloaded it, and updated my camera.

It failed the first two times, but updated successfully on the third attempt.

Hopefully they have done something about the crackling when using the lcd bacpac, that would be great.

BlueBomberTurbo

Nov 30, 2012
Amusingly, on the White and Silver updates from 3/26, it says the new firmware fixes "minor" freeze up issues. ;)

fpneves

Jan 13, 2013
hi

does this new firmware solve the audio crackling noise issue ?
i have the silver and the last firmware update (v2.13) didnt solve it.

cheers

Ces1um

Mar 22, 2013
Anyone know if the silver version got any feature enhancements? I see the black did but not sure if the silver got anything but bug fixes.

I did notice my lcd bacpac seems to be a little more touch responsive- but maybe I'm just imagining it.

basicbill

Feb 26, 2013
St. Charles, IL USA
www.basicbill.com
I successfully updated my H3 Black earlier today. Since then I have tried many times to get it to freeze as has happened to me on occasion in the past. No luck. So far my Hero3 Black seems rock solid with the new firmware. I use the Android Wifi app to control it. The preview lag seems to have been reduced. Maybe cut in half. Or that could just be my imagination.

Bill

steve_t

Feb 9, 2013
Ooh. Has anyone upgraded their firmware and used the Apple app? Preview lag reduction would be amazing!

chrisofsweden

Feb 4, 2013
Encountered problems with the new firmware. My problem with the camera intermittently stopping recording by itself in ProTune 1080p@60FPS still exists. Can't tell if it's a camera of card issue. I verified it's not a "fake" card anyway. It's a true Sandisk 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 card. I have done recordings 20 minutes long in that mode, sometimes it stops after 2 seconds. This happens even after an in-camera format.

jimmy

Oct 14, 2012
Encountered problems with the new firmware. My problem with the camera intermittently stopping recording by itself in ProTune 1080p@60FPS still exists. Can't tell if it's a camera of card issue. I verified it's not a "fake" card anyway. It's a true Sandisk 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 card. I have done recordings 20 minutes long in that mode, sometimes it stops after 2 seconds. This happens even after an in-camera format.

I am having with the 32Gb SD C10 and it works perfectly now with GPH3BE, no more freeze and lock up for me, maybe the 64GB SD does not work well with on the Hero3 - the new firmware did not fixed it I guess.
BTW, the crackling/static sound with the Battery bac-pac is also fixed on me.

Good luck :)

steve_t

Feb 9, 2013
What transfer speeds are you getting for your card?

chrisofsweden

Feb 4, 2013
What transfer speeds are you getting for your card?
I've not tested it with a utility like HD_Speed 1.7.5.100 but when copying a large file from the computer to the card through an USB 3.0 card reader, I'm well above 5,6 MegaBYTE per second which is the rate the GoPro needs from recording at 45Mbit/s, which about its highest bitrate it will record in.

Mr Ree

Jan 23, 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
Make sure your gopro is fully charged, and format the memory card.

Connect the gopro to your computer, unzip the update file, copy and paste everything into the root directory of the card, and then turn on camera.

It should update, but if it fails, start from the beginning.

mdwhaley

Oct 23, 2012
No, I checked. Still about a 3-4 second lag
I actually like the lag, maybe I'm the only one. I like it because when I mount the camera somewhere and it looks good standing still I can actually audition it without staring at the screen, i.e. ride the bike over an obstacle or 2 and then stop and look at the phone screen. Time saver if you ask me.

Derek

Oct 30, 2012
"release date: 04/03/2012"

Yep, that's what it says (today, 5 April 2013) on the GoPro site re the latest Hero3 update details.

That's 3 April 2012 (for those of us who don't use that odd backwards date system) but whatever way you look at it, 2012. Yep 2012.

So, the latest update was released over a year ago, long before the previous update, and long before the GoPro Hero3 was released. According to the GoPro site.

If this is a sample of care and attention to detail from GoPro, God help us.

Derek