Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Mobius Action Cam Intro and Alternative to a gopro

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
Due to the high price of todays products we look for alternatives. The Mobius Action Camera, see video below. Will be the best, next best thing to the GoPro, for $69.00

Please visit Ebay Seller Electopline365, and mention Fishycomics sent me

Mobius Action Camera.

This is not a Sales pitch just a Alternative to a gopro, and Please feel free to post your comments, share your photo & video all here of the Mobius Action Camera

Any questions I be happy to help out, but if you want to follow a forum tht does not allow you to get single word in but read the first..I be happy to direct you there. thank you and have a great Day

Last edited:

SKPhoton

Jan 17, 2014
I know a number of people using them as dash cams and are very happy with them. They're not as good as GoPro's but they're still very capable and the price is much better! ;)

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
just some small tests to toss in.

crash test; 65 mph crash test. camera survives, down the road, the Cmos ribbon cable came out of the locking tab, open snapped in closed and working. The cmos & lens are optional to swap out for wide angle lenses as well the bat.

Powerbank running a 2200mah and up. time lapse images at 2 sec. 6700 plus images Run time 4.5 hours, Powerback shuts down, camera does not take over. Camera will be kept fully charged, that is a good thing.
You have the option to turn on & off features, I can turn on the battery to Low connected to external power
and I will get 6 hours of record time, I can turn down the bit rate of Super to Standard and increase record time as well make it Low. will post back later.

accessories are out there.

lenses, waterproof case, and anything you see on the market that fits a camera, can beaded to the Mobius. check back later and enjoy

Last edited:

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
Update:

Over time, of the two Mobius's I have, I do enjoy using them. Does a mighty fine job, some where down the road something has to give?

1. the internal battery will eventually wear, Lipos do not last forever they will shorten the time, I have yet to see a shorter time, but one day will be replaced. a Newer version came out, when I said generation II people laughed. and now they are up to version III. Heck I know not a thing, Lol.

2. Sound slowly showing an issue when ever I am with cam on me and talking, all sounds fine, because I am very near to the cam. but when I place on a tripod and step back some the issues start, not the best sound ever? Some attention is needed, can re-open and see if dirt, or if I protected with foam shifted? Anything can happen. Possibly that plastic mic paper is drying out?

To me these are the two things I am taking note on for now?

I gone on a trip, had a great time set up for time lapse to capturing my hobby, that I do enjoy using this cam, paid for itself over time. Hearing all the issues on this site about gopro, can not get this, or that. and yetwe look at other cams as an alternative.

Enjoy a video and say thanks FISH at least a member can do on a forum that they signed up on, not to just post a trouble, a report, or a pic,

Thanks FISH.

Mobius action cam.only takes a sec, - YouTube

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012

I am into anything I put my mind to. and the mobius is what I used lately.HD1080P.no issues editing. My gopro sits on the fy-g4, came off it today. gotten to do a thing or two, but maybeI'll take it place it on the other hat clip. but may be tad heavy.

That is the difference between a feather and a stone.

gopro does 4k, and in my mind I love the sony Rx100/V 900 fps slow motion 4k resolution HEY FISH its only 2x higher opt lol right Vern. save your dough next gen gopro will do 240 fps while its at 120fps Lol still need to update will do roger out

forgot I am on the Mobius topics here

enjoy some footage shot explosive colours of the sky and fly enjoy

Last edited:

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
The Mobius action cam has updated a few times with different lenses and generations. I have stopped purchasing for now, but I seen this other cam, that I thought I buy and what popped into my mind was the Mobius action cam.I f I were with time I start converting the way the lens is laid out and have by far the smallest camera in hand