Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Mic adapter. Hero 7 Black

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

rb161730

Oct 7, 2019
Hi all,
I’m considering purchasing the official go pro accessory to connect a rode mic with a wind gag.

I’ve read in a few places that people have had audio synch issues whilst using.
Given this adapter doesn’t seem to be available as a third party unit and the go pro version being about £80 in the uk I want to be sure before I spend the money.

Thanks
Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biff.org

Dec 15, 2014
Dilworth, MN
I have had a Rode mic sitting ever since the day I bought my H7B, as I refused to buy that damn adapter. Good thing the audio is better on the 7. But it just frustrated me. I hope to use it with a DSLR when needed instead.

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
The promic adapter I own, the audio synch issue was when powered to a Powersource, that FW 01.80 should have corrected, you can decide if the Adapter is worth the investment, you may want to take out ht Plus pkg to save some money or find a used one that people do not gouge o, or purchase a bundle kit?

I Like the set up, the sound that the external Mics I own, Rode Micro, Saramonic XR-XM1. Olympus 51.

You may also want to look into the Ulanzi v2 cases. and you may want to think about what if My camera fails? You'll then be with a promic on the side that is of no use?

Fish