Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Just orderd Hero 3 black edition

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

Drew Murphy

Apr 6, 2013
i currently have the hero 2 and like doing timelapses, but only untill the battery runs out, has anyone bought an extra case drilled a hole for usb and sealed it? im thinkin of doing that so i can do a 24hr timelapse any pics would be nice also, thanks

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Welcome! I'm pretty sure a few members have done this. You could also purchase The Frame which already has a cut out for the USB cable.

However, if you're doing timelapses outside, I'd recommend using an enclosed case and cutting a hole like you suggested so you don't risk damaging the lens.

fats67

Mar 11, 2013
I am truely Amazed GoPro havnt got on board with a cable from the factory to do this...

mwmw

Oct 28, 2012
Welcome! I'm pretty sure a few members have done this. You could also purchase The Frame which already has a cut out for the USB cable.

However, if you're doing timelapses outside, I'd recommend using an enclosed case and cutting a hole like you suggested so you don't risk damaging the lens.
Are there any pics with the hole drilled in the case ??