Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Is the session worth $200 for what I wanna do with it & a few more questions?

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

BLACK DEATH

Nov 22, 2016
I'm just asking about the regular session they sell for $200 everywhere now, not the hero 4 session.
What is the exact difference between the session & hero 4 session specs inside, not what comes in the box?

We do stunt riding and racing with our motorcycles and cars, some sport activity like softball.
Mostly day time and some night time video.
I have two hero blacks right now but that's another story......
I like the small size of the session and I may buy two of them.

What is the better or good setting for stunting & racing?
Also what's a good price on an sd card for it that will work good enough?

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
Hero session came out sold for $400.00 gopro ripped people offand then apologised they sold it to high, never offering those who purchased that high a discount or anything... they tehn revamped the box removed some accessories calling it a Hero 4 session, they felt putting Hero 4 be better then keeping the model alone. they dropped the price nearly in half. the session and hero 4 are the same. today they released the 2nd gen session now called Hero 5 session it is now a 4K action camera, replacing hte Hero 4 black in ways.

that be the difference is getting a Hero 5 session worth the extra 100.00?????

p fandango

Jul 5, 2015
I'm just asking about the regular session they sell for $200 everywhere now, not the hero 4 session
What is the exact difference between the session & hero 4 session specs inside, not what comes in the box?
they only actually did 2 different types of Session. The first generation was first sold as Session, this was a higher price & included more mounts & frames. This was then repackaged, the bits removed & sold as the Hero 4 Session (exact same camera). The second generation, just released a few months ago Hero 5 Session is a complete different kettle of fish to the 1st & can do everything the Hero 5 Black can, except having the screen

We do stunt riding and racing with our motorcycles and cars, some sport activity like softball.
Mostly day time and some night time video.
even the original Session due to its small size is a good helmet cam. It does have the lower resolution going against it, but 1080 is good enough if you don't intend to zoom

BLACK DEATH

Nov 22, 2016
Ok so the $200 session they currently sell everywhere is the same as the hero 4 session with less accessories in the box.
I thought it recorded in a higher resolution than 1080 per the box it is in but less fps.
I think most people record in 1080 @ 60 fps or 720 @ 60+ fps when we ride or stunt in daylight. I could be wrong though.
It has 1080 @ 60fps @ 720 @ 100fps so I'm hoping it'll do the job.

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
Ok so the $200 session they currently sell everywhere is the same as the hero 4 session with less accessories in the box.
I thought it recorded in a higher resolution than 1080 per the box it is in but less fps.
I think most people record in 1080 @ 60 fps or 720 @ 60+ fps when we ride or stunt in daylight. I could be wrong though.
It has 1080 @ 60fps @ 720 @ 100fps so I'm hoping it'll do the job.
1440 resolition is the highest the Hero session and hero 4 session has. not going to be an issue HD1080P@60fps will be what you want tfor sports, but if you want more get the Hero 5 Session. I say this not being a smart ass but when gopro wroks out their issues then get a hero 5.

BLACK DEATH

Nov 22, 2016
When does or would someone need more out of a GoPro, this is a real question as I have no idea.
Most if any of my videos would be on you tube or face book I'm guessing.
Maybe one day we may Hook it up to a tv to see a video, but that may be rare or only if we want to see fine detail.
Is that when a higher resolution will make a difference, when watching a video on a tv?

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
Session is more a simple camera gopro made it for, not like the Hero 4 and 5 blacks that already does that. You can still playback what you just shot via your smartphone and cast to a tv, without hardware ports. what wireless is all about, the future is here. more pixals the same crisp shots on these larger tvs. you do not need a 4K tv to view a video in 4K you just need a hd1080P tv , does thetrick most sit 10 ft away Lol.

Due to increase spam, comments will be harder to find so I may toss a suggestion mention [MENTION=22706]BLACK DEATH[/MENTION]

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
keep in mind internal bat goes dead and if the port allows to continue to work with power then you are good, if that ever fails toss her to the curb. stick to the session HD1080P nt the hero 5 session, if you care about the big bucks. if not then go for it.