Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Introducing the new BATTERY ELIMINATOR - run your Hero 3 without a battery off AC

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

cam-do.com

Supporting Vendor
Oct 23, 2012
cam-do.com
BE-003.jpg BE-003kit.jpg

The battery eliminator consists of a "fake battery" which snaps into the battery compartment of any model Hero 3 or Hero 3+ camera and replaces the stock battery.

The power cord connects to a small AC adapter (100-240 VAC).

Once plugged in, the GoPro will run until the SD card is full.

Since the charging circuit of the camera is not used, the camera runs cooler than when it is charging a battery, which also gets hot from use and charging. This is a significant advantage over using a battery and charging via the USB connection.

It also means that any glitches that occur due to the charging circuit and associated firmware are completely eliminated.

The battery eliminator is an ideal companion product with our Time Lapse Intervalometer or Programmable Scheduler for shooting long time lapse videos.

Until October 21, mention GoProFanatics when checking out and receive a $10 instant rebate on each battery eliminator. That is almost 30% off the regular price of $34.95.

nitros

Apr 3, 2013
But you hate to be in the house to benefit of this

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Conundrum

May 7, 2013
Toronto, ON, Canada
I thought you could record while charging? To me that would negate the need for something this (plus having a battery would act as a 'buffer' should there be any inconsistency in AC power).

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
any external power source, wit hthe battery still in

"WORKS"

great idea ofa dummy bat

Juri

Sep 1, 2013
Pretty please with sugar on top, make a USB version of this!

People have usb power sources available everywhere these days. I almost bought the Longshot, but the price with shipping to cold and dark north is a bit steep...

-J

bobsled

Dec 4, 2013
L.A.

The battery eliminator consists of a "fake battery" which snaps into the battery compartment of any model Hero 3 or Hero 3+ camera and replaces the stock battery.

The power cord connects to a small AC adapter (100-240 VAC).

Once plugged in, the GoPro will run until the SD card is full.

Since the charging circuit of the camera is not used, the camera runs cooler than when it is charging a battery, which also gets hot from use and charging. This is a significant advantage over using a battery and charging via the USB connection.

It also means that any glitches that occur due to the charging circuit and associated firmware are completely eliminated.

The battery eliminator is an ideal companion product with our Time Lapse Intervalometer or Programmable Scheduler for shooting long time lapse videos.

Until October 21, mention GoProFanatics when checking out and receive a $10 instant rebate on each battery eliminator. That is almost 30% off the regular price of $34.95.
Any Holiday deals?

Also, anybody pick on of these up?

tnts

Apr 15, 2015
Hi,

If I "remove the plug" do gopro goes off immediately as "no power" or goes softly with normal shutdown (so the current video recording is not lost or corrupted)?

p fandango

Jul 5, 2015
Hi,

If I "remove the plug" do gopro goes off immediately as "no power" or goes softly with normal shutdown (so the current video recording is not lost or corrupted)?
i haven't got this exactly manufacture, but a product almost identicle that runs off a USB power source. If you disconnect the GoPro turns off instantly. If you try to get the files off the SD card like that they will be corrupt, but all you need to do is turn the GoPro back on & it finishes off the file & makes it usable

bluuge

Aug 10, 2014
Upland
Pretty please with sugar on top, make a USB version of this!

People have usb power sources available everywhere these days. I almost bought the Longshot, but the price with shipping to cold and dark north is a bit steep...

-J
x2! i would be interested in a USB version!

tnd

Dec 6, 2014
This is the USB version I've used - cam-do.com/products/battery-eliminator-h3
Just be sure to use a decent USB power supply.
There is also a version that plugs straight into the herobus for H4 (believe it also works for H3/H3+ series)