Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

How to deal with a Warranty return

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
If you ever want to get problems resolved with GoPro, keep COOL! note your problem, stick to it, and better make sure its a good one, my multitude of issues Hero 8 a list to long to tell;

stuck led, returning for that issue with a photo. timewarp on bat removal and insert, random on till bat removed, etc..

1. have a Perfect photo, large size crisp, no excptions asked
2 a photo of the battery area legible, the serial number, if you got to use a Mirror inside, do so, the misc file, and screen are not good enough, they are looking at the sticker for being tampered with
3 a video, youtube gets faster results, dropbox takes 24 hours, a photo is not good enough, ask me I held my ground big time with just a photo,
4 and your Bill of sale.

GoPro will still have to go through a bunch of trouble steps be well prepared, they will request a manual firmware update, like it or not. and when you think it is all over, they will say, we'll pass this along to the claims team, the team is no with gopro, they are the one's that do the claiming. Lucky a few hours of total torture 3 to be precise, 5 hours later the next step comes Please correctly fill your address out, you think the fun was really over, wait till you start adding in the address every one but yours shows up, Be patient, you will get it in. Hit save and your one last step away, the RMA. My advice and suggestion Please insure the pkg wit ha signature as well, cover all your angles. never know where things get delivered, i watch my pkg go across the street, and got notified it was delivered, thank goodness I got a honest neighbor. Please right clear as day and night the RMA number along with the case number, most important part, takes Xamount of days to arrive, and return, plus 5 business days to process. it is really that simple.

Hope this small info can help you out stick to it gopro is one person working today.

Untitled.png
Untitled 1.png

Last edited:

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
great to hear: after the chat, that eve, all came, dropped at a box 2 days later, still no check in, finally last night and today it says its on its way, Yeah gopro could se the tracking number checked in, start sending the product at their end out but a few weeks w'll forget all about it and Bam its her.

Reactions: jaredphoto

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
Well right now mine is at the Modius Link warehouse checkin inn see how long it takes to get out 2 day delay, am sur the weekend they do not work Lol