Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

How to change resolution in night lapse mode?

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

Mevans6244

Nov 21, 2019
Hey guys, Is it possible to change resolution in Night Lapse mode? I don't see any options on the app or the camera itself. Thanks.

Mike

Jatekman

Dec 21, 2017
Germany
Hello and welcome to the forum!

First what is your camera model!
Don't understand the question, resolution can't be changed in Night Lapse, if the cam model is new enough you can change the camera mode into the (Night-) lapse mode.

Ciao Rob

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
hero 8 swipe to right choose nightlapse, pess pencil

Changr Res from 1080,4k, 1440 ,2k7
change lens wide or linear
interval auot up tp 60 sec
format vid or photo that opens moe levels of options
shutter auot to 30 secs
zoom i photo

Something you can no do in the earlier models of options

On teh Hero 8 You did not have control of Sharpness level. ev value they are not even shown.

Mevans6244

Nov 21, 2019
Hey guys! Thanks for the replies. I thought positing in the hero5 area would give it away. I should have been more specific. I have the hero5 black. I seem to remember reading and hearing on YouTube that there’s options to select different resolutions for night lapse photo mode. However, when I select night lapse photo mode there is no option available that tells me what resolution it is shooting in and no option to change it from 4000x3000. I personally desire a 16:9 aspect ratio without cutting off some of the footage in post to get it that way. Thanks

Mike

basicbill

Feb 26, 2013
St. Charles, IL USA
www.basicbill.com
Hey guys! Thanks for the replies. I thought positing in the hero5 area would give it away. I should have been more specific. I have the hero5 black. I seem to remember reading and hearing on YouTube that there’s options to select different resolutions for night lapse photo mode. However, when I select night lapse photo mode there is no option available that tells me what resolution it is shooting in and no option to change it from 4000x3000. I personally desire a 16:9 aspect ratio without cutting off some of the footage in post to get it that way. Thanks

Mike

I just dug out my H5. No I don't see any 16:9 aspect ratio in night lapse photo. Just four different fields of view.

Bill