Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Hero 5 - Timelapse with ND Filters

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

j0nG

Nov 23, 2017
Morning All,

Wondering if anyone else has been shooting time-lapses on their Hero5 with ND filters? I purchased some not too long ago and only really got around to testing it yesterday. After seeing a video and a few articles it described to use night lapse mode so you can set the shutter speed.

I attached the ND16 (also tried with ND32) to the Hero5 and set it up in night lapse mode with a shutter of 2 seconds. (note: this was around 30 minutes before sunset) Took some test shots.

The other settings where WB = Native, ISO Min = 100, ISO Max = 100, Color = Flat, Sharpness = Low

The test shots resulted in the picture being completely blown out...am I missing a trick here?

Cheers.

X5rdman

Dec 31, 2012
Morning All,

Wondering if anyone else has been shooting time-lapses on their Hero5 with ND filters? I purchased some not too long ago and only really got around to testing it yesterday. After seeing a video and a few articles it described to use night lapse mode so you can set the shutter speed.

I attached the ND16 (also tried with ND32) to the Hero5 and set it up in night lapse mode with a shutter of 2 seconds. (note: this was around 30 minutes before sunset) Took some test shots.

The other settings where WB = Native, ISO Min = 100, ISO Max = 100, Color = Flat, Sharpness = Low

The test shots resulted in the picture being completely blown out...am I missing a trick here?

Cheers.
2 second exposure even with an ND filter pointed at the sunset sounds too long of an exposure too me. I use the ND filters but a night to capture lightning shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk