Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

GoPro's New Line of LIFESTYLE Gear: Good Move?

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
GoPro-Lifestyle-Gear.jpg

About a week ago, GoPro launched their new line of LIFESTYLE Products.

I do think this is a good move considering the GoPro brand is all about getting outside and capturing adventure.

It also could be a sign that the GoPro cameras themselves don't have much more room for improvement in the future so they're expanding their product line.

My opinion is that their protective cases like the GoPro Casey have always been at the top in terms of quality among all the offerings available so I'm sure these will be high quality as well.

All of the new bags feature an integrated GoPro mount on the left shoulder strap so they're GoPro ready. Nice feature to have when you're out doing an activity and you don't want to hold it or you don't want to have to take off your backpack to get your camera. It's also a nice POV angle.

More accessories will be released in mid-August.

GoPro Plus subscribers get 30% off the Lifestyle line versus 50% on all GoPro Mounts & Accessories.

Will you be buying any of these products?

Do you think this is a smart move from GoPro?

GoPro Stash Rolltop Bag
gopro-stash-rolltop-backpack-1440-1.jpg

GoPro Storm Dry Waterproof Bag
gopro-storm-dry-waterproof-backpack-1440-2.jpg

GoPro Daytripper Backpack
gopro-daytripper-1440-1.jpg

GoPro Mission Backpack Duffel Bag
gopro-mission-backpack-duffel-1440-3.jpg

GoPro Casey Lite
gopro-casey-lite-1440-2.jpg

GoPro Casey - Update
gopro-casey-1440-2.jpg

jaredphoto

Mar 12, 2013
California
www.jaredphillips.com
I would say it is smart of GoPro to diversify their product line. It makes sense. I am not aware of any other camera bag gear maker who has backpacks/bags that are specific to GoPro. It would be nice to have a day pack to fit all your GoPro gear nicely. The downside? Having GoPro logos all over your stuff might make it ripe for other people to steal in hopes of a bag of expensive GoPro loot. I have been tempted to buy the Seeker backpack for day hikes, but have yet to pull the trigger.

Reactions: AJ

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
I would say it is smart of GoPro to diversify their product line. It makes sense. I am not aware of any other camera bag gear maker who has backpacks/bags that are specific to GoPro. It would be nice to have a day pack to fit all your GoPro gear nicely. The downside? Having GoPro logos all over your stuff might make it ripe for other people to steal in hopes of a bag of expensive GoPro loot. I have been tempted to buy the Seeker backpack for day hikes, but have yet to pull the trigger.
haha that's quite the downside.

"If you have money to buy a bag like that, you've got a few HERO8 cameras chilling inside."
-Potential Thief

The GoPro Seeker is a sweet looking bag but it's out of stock on GoPro's site. Do you think it's discontinued or just legitimately out of stock?

jaredphoto

Mar 12, 2013
California
www.jaredphillips.com
haha that's quite the downside.

"If you have money to buy a bag like that, you've got a few HERO8 cameras chilling inside."
-Potential Thief

The GoPro Seeker is a sweet looking bag but it's out of stock on GoPro's site. Do you think it's discontinued or just legitimately out of stock?
I think it might be discontinued since the release of the new gear. I do remember seeing it on the website at a discount. Same with the Karma Grip…out of stock. The great thing about the Plus subscription. It provides a way where GoPro gets additional income by way of subscription and a way to offload soon to be discontinued gear at a discounted price. The Karma Grip was $99.95.

Now we wait for the next GoPro release.