Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

GoPro Max

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

Jatekman

Dec 21, 2017
Germany
Owner of six GoPros but no idea for going 360, thought about it for using in/at car driving on track may be more dynamic than mounting 2-3 cams at/in the car.
What I don't like is the strong distortion of the pics and not many possible editors, maybe you can share your experiences and results.

Ciao Rob

blmeanie

Feb 4, 2013
same here, unless my impression is wrong, the view gets "old" quickly (I may be wrong). Like Jatekman said, throw a couple links up for us to see and maybe change our mind?

Reactions: Jatekman

TobyB

Jun 8, 2014
Arlington, WA
www.youtube.com
I'm the owner of 8 GoPros with adding the Max. I've been using a 360Fly for real estate tours dating back to 2016 and 360 video has been primarily for work. I drove off with the camera and tablet on the back of the truck loosing them and then decided it was time to go with the Max.

I just unboxed and the Max charging so get to play around with it here soon. Guess, its software time.

Jatekman

Dec 21, 2017
Germany
Thanx for the example, well apart from the poor quality this kind of 360 video that requires action from the viewer are not a good way to make vids.
I would imagine to do all the different views in post so the viewer can enjoy the video.

Ciao Rob

blmeanie

Feb 4, 2013
thanks for sharing. so maybe a cool use would be something like skiing where the 360 would capture others around you (helmet mount or would you need to be on a selfie stick?)?

I ski, hydrofoil (sit down water ski) so I am trying to think of applications of the 360 in my life

TobyB

Jun 8, 2014
Arlington, WA
www.youtube.com
The 360Fly wasn't as good as quality as hope yet wasn't terrible in my opinion for a 2016 camera. The Max should be far superior or at least I hope it is.

I used the Fly once while skiing at Mt. Baker but never did much of it. May try the Max but standard GoPro's work really good for action. One of the better ones to watch is the drive through Zion National Park.

blmeanie

Feb 4, 2013
after watching a few more videos on youtube of Max footage, wondering what the general opinion is on the camera? I used to think it was a bit gimmicky but now wondering if it is a valid alternative to a regular GoPro. I have a 7 black and intrigued enough to wonder if a Max can do what a black does and more?

Help?

Jatekman

Dec 21, 2017
Germany
I guess that a vid only 360 is not the solution, the 360 can be an interesting support for a good vid but not the base.
Only thing a 360 alone working is documentary vids like going in a race car or downhill with bike or ski - would be interesting to see if it's possible to put the 2 systems together to one.

Ciao Rob

Reactions: blmeanie

Latest posts