Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

GoPro iPhone app - latest update - issue

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

thegroovologist

Mar 3, 2014
So I just installed the latest iPhone app update on my iPhone 6.
It is mentioned in the change log that the latency was improved.
Well, I can't see a big difference.The stream/live preview on the iPhone stutters now though. That has never been an issue with previous app versions. This is very disappointing.
Does anyone else have the same issue?

r8rs4lf

May 29, 2015
Wow, that sucks! I did the update as well, but haven't used the GP yet. What about you camera, does it have the latest update? Wondering if that could be the issue.

r8rs4lf

May 29, 2015
I just updated my camera to the newest firmware and used the newly updated app. There is less latency for sure. Seems like a good update so far.

r8rs4lf

May 29, 2015
I did have a bit of lag before the update to the app, but now it seems better. It's not jerky at all. I would say more smooth than before the updated app.

thegroovologist

Mar 3, 2014
Yesterday GoPro released another new update (v.2.7.1). Unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. Live view before/during recording is still jerky on my iPhone 6. This is so annoying.

r8rs4lf

May 29, 2015
It's kind of hard to tell exactly what you have an issue with without seeing it. I know with my experience, it's not like watching a live feed. There is lag and if you move the camera fast enough, there would be jerkiness. I'm sure it would get worse the further you are away from the camera as well. Maybe I'm just used to it. It's gotten better though.

Have you tried uninstalling it and installing it again?

thegroovologist

Mar 3, 2014
It's kind of hard to tell exactly what you have an issue with without seeing it. I know with my experience, it's not like watching a live feed. There is lag and if you move the camera fast enough, there would be jerkiness.
There was a longer lag on previous versions, but there never was jerkiness.

Have you tried uninstalling it and installing it again?
Yes, I have tried that. No success.

thegroovologist

Mar 3, 2014
By the way...yesterday I tried to connect a GoPro Hero 3 with my iPhone 6 and it worked without any issues (there was no jerkiness while recording/live stream). So I wonder why there's jerkiness with the GoPro Hero 3+ all of a sudden (after the latest updates) but not with the GoPro Hero 3.

thegroovologist

Mar 3, 2014
GoPro released a new app update recently...unfortunately the issue is still there. This is pathetic. I guess they just don't care.