Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

GoPro Hero (2018)

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

DannyShredsTG

Apr 2, 2018
Hello guys, I'm really noob at action cameras and have no experience with GoPro. I'm about to buy a new (2018) GoPro Hero. The one that looks like Hero 5 and Hero 6.

I read on some websites that this model is for beginners:

HERO is a great first GoPro for people looking to share experiences beyond what a phone can capture,” says Meghan Laffey, GoPro’s SVP of Product. “HERO makes it easy to share ‘wow’ moments at a price that’s perfect for first-time users.
It is perfect for beginners and amateurs. If you’ve never had an action camera before, GoPro Hero is the perfect beginning. It can shoot 1440p and 1080p videos at 60 frames per second. That is more than enough for most users.
I don't get how they define "beginner" and a "pro". Have any of you tried the new Hero? All I want to do is capture summer videos at sea, surf, etc. And create a slow-mo compilation. I read it captures 60 frames per second (My iPhone does 240 :dunno:) Will it be enough to do some cool videos? For facebook and instagram actually. Not for vlogs and youtube.

Jatekman

Dec 21, 2017
Germany
Hello and welcome to the forum!

With 60 fps you can make slowmotions but if you want to get real slow 120 or even 240 fps would be better, I guess for what you want to use the cam 60 fps would be ok.
The better models also have Protune which means better quality but you must edit every clip, for a newbie maybe not the right way because you have to learn that and you need a good editor.
For your plans the simple cam should be the right one.

Ciao Rob

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
they could have said basic model but they rather use beginner/ if 4K is not what you want, and better EIS then the basic hero will do fine. the EIS is on a Hero 5 level.