Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

GoPro Autoexec.ash hacking and fw studies

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

azupak

Dec 10, 2014
Hi,
i've heard that Gopro Hero 3 White and Silver has the same hardware and some features in WE (which are defaults on SE) are disabled by software. Is this true and if yes is there any hacks, that allow disabled features in White Edition?

Thanks,
Chris

dampee

Jan 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

is there any way to activate protune by hack for the GoPro Hero 3+ Silver? As they have the same A7 Chip, there should be no hardware limitation for that feature, right?

I've seen no such hack so far - but it would be great to have it.

Cheers,
dampee

tethys

Jan 29, 2015
Hello, I am new to this forum. I am using GoPro Hero 3 Black and would like to learn whether it is possible to change the ISO and shutter speed in the video mode (e.g. @ 720p/120 fps). As far as I have seen from the (great) long exposure time lapse hack, it works only in the photo mode?

It would be very helpful if you could direct me.

Many thanks!

Last edited:

tethys

Jan 29, 2015
Hello, I am new to this forum. I am using GoPro Hero 3 Black and would like to learn whether it is possible to change the ISO and shutter speed in the video mode (e.g. @ 720p/120 fps). As far as I have seen from the (great) long exposure time lapse hack, it works only in the photo mode?

It would be very helpful if you could direct me.

Many thanks!
Thanks to KonradIT's awesome work, "t ia2 -ae set 0 3200 240 2.8 0" seems to be working for me (when I compared with the Auto mode in the Gopro). However, I could not identify any change when I changed the parameters in "t ia2 -ae set [agc][dgain][shutter][iris][mode]". The results are similar to that when the Protune is on and WB is 3000K. Are you aware of any correlation between the parameters? Also, I would like to change and lock the shutter speed. How can I manage that?

Thanks.

Gerardo Quiroz

Jan 13, 2015
managua, Nicaragua
hi, i have a question and that's it's possible to combine 2 autoexec.ash in 1 single file. i ask this because i wanna mix 2 different files and this are

battery extender and long exposure pictures

it's possible or not ??

allemyr

Oct 26, 2015
Thanks to KonradIT's awesome work, "t ia2 -ae set 0 3200 240 2.8 0" seems to be working for me (when I compared with the Auto mode in the Gopro). However, I could not identify any change when I changed the parameters in "t ia2 -ae set [agc][dgain][shutter][iris][mode]". The results are similar to that when the Protune is on and WB is 3000K. Are you aware of any correlation between the parameters? Also, I would like to change and lock the shutter speed. How can I manage that?

Thanks.
I'am trying to do the exact same thing. To lock ISO and shutter on my Gopro 3+ Black. I find it quite hard but i guess it is possible. Would like to lock it at ISO 100 and 1/48 shutterspeed or something like that.

Rush

Dec 3, 2013
Can´t make it work on Hero 3 Silver (Not Hero3+!)

Is this hack compatible or only Hero3+ and above?

I used:
t gpio 43 sw out0
t ia2 -ae still_exp 700 300 300
sleep 2
t gpio 43 sw out1
t gpio 43 sw out0
d:\autoexec.ash
reboot yes

I´ve also tried those lines:
t ia2 -ae still_exp 700 300 300
t ia2 -ae still_exp 100 5 5

chiflowone

Nov 7, 2015
hi iv found someone hwo got it working on gopro3+ silver here the code :) for timelapse

sleep 2
t app appmode photo
sleep 1
t cal -jqlt 100
sleep 1
t ia2 -ae exp 3200 150
sleep 1
t app button shutter PR
sleep 8
reboot yes

150 is about 3seconds or mor very slightly and the 100 cal is something he found in the firmwire to ajust the image in some way and does annyone know if you can adjust the contrast so that as the timplapse is going on you could ajust the contrast to dim down slightly every 1/4 of a seconde or something like that.. would love to get that to work.. possible??

Last edited:

G_ngan

Feb 21, 2015
I found a loop video for Hero 2014 however; I don't see the autoexec.ash file in Github. Can you make one?

EDIT: I found the auto exec file. How do I know it's working other than testing it? In addition, all files has the same name...what if I want to use more than one hack? Can i change the name?

Last edited:

Rush

Dec 3, 2013
Has anyone figured out how to make long exposure using GoPro 3 (not the 3+ model)??

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

quickshoe

Feb 15, 2016
I would like the GoPro to go to camera mode when I plug a USB cable into the wall socket. Is this possible?

Right now, it goes into a charging mode and the LED turns on solid. I must manually press the Mode/Power button after plugging in. I would like to remove this manual step and go directly into camera mode.

The idea here is that I turn on the one-touch record setting so that as soon as the GoPro receives 5V from the wall plug, it will turn on and begin recording. I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for on the GitHub repository.

Thanks!

jrod0000

Feb 17, 2016
I was looking for this same thing. Either 5V plug in would work to start my GoPro recording or when it comes in contact with Bluetooth.

Derrick Lytle

Apr 16, 2016
Hey Konrad, how exactly do you install teh script? In theory it makes sesne but when I click the RAW on Github i get a .md file not a .ash file. What am I doing wrong?

muzzol

Feb 27, 2017
Just started testing hacks in my h3, is it possible to enable dhcp as client?

or is it possible to change default network address (10.5.5.9) to another IP?