Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

GoPro Autoexec.ash hacking and fw studies

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

mickb83

Jul 1, 2012
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
I would love to see a 720p 120fps for the Hero2. I really want to try some super slowmo but can't afford a Hero3 or 3+ right now. Is this possible?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

konraditurbe

Dec 30, 2013
madrid
chernowii.com
Hello.
This is a fw work, which is more difficult, but I will try it anyway, is the ultimate challenge. I cannot give you a boolean answer right now.
I will let you know when the unofficial fw is ready.
USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

RT321

Aug 10, 2013
Hi Konrad
can you explain what HDRPhoto does?
there's no info on the site
Thanks

suggett48116

Dec 31, 2011
Brighton,MI
Konrad for dumb asses like me can you explain (in laymen's terms ) how can I do these??? I click on the links but stare at the computer screen wondering what to do how to proceed forward I'm dumbfounded. I need a short explanation on what I need to do to try these hacks. Copy something to the SD card but WHAT? a video on how it's done would explain things and most likely leave no questions un-answered.. Thank you for any help you can provide

konraditurbe

Dec 30, 2013
madrid
chernowii.com
Konrad for dumb asses like me can you explain (in laymen's terms ) how can I do these??? I click on the links but stare at the computer screen wondering what to do how to proceed forward I'm dumbfounded. I need a short explanation on what I need to do to try these hacks. Copy something to the SD card but WHAT? a video on how it's done would explain things and most likely leave no questions un-answered.. Thank you for any help you can provide
In a hack, above the code there are 5 buttons: open, edit, raw, blame, history. Right click and save as in the Root level (for instance F:/ ) the root level is where both folders DCIM and MISC are. I will do a video!

Sent from my RM-914_eu_finland_356 using Tapatalk

suggett48116

Dec 31, 2011
Brighton,MI
In a hack, above the code there are 5 buttons: open, edit, raw, blame, history. Right click and save as in the Root level (for instance F:/ ) the root level is where both folders DCIM and MISC are. I will do a video
I somewhat understand but still un-clear WHAT needs to be right clicked and saved. video would be incredible :bow:

JBCebu

Feb 20, 2014
Hi I am new here and I need help on my Gopro Hero3 Silver. I just recently updated mine to the lastest firmware v.3 and I didn't like it. The sound recording quality has decreased terribly compared before when it was v2.13. I have emailed GoPro and this is their reply.

"The reason being is after updating to v03.00 static background audio has been reduced, but as a side-effect, the overall volume of audio recorded is quieter."

It's too quiet even without the housing!. I have failed to back up my old firmware because I thought v3 would be better.
Is it possible to downgrade to V2.13?

Thanks.

konraditurbe

Dec 30, 2013
madrid
chernowii.com
Hi I am new here and I need help on my Gopro Hero3 Silver. I just recently updated mine to the lastest firmware v.3 and I didn't like it. The sound recording quality has decreased terribly compared before when it was v2.13. I have emailed GoPro and this is their reply.

"The reason being is after updating to v03.00 static background audio has been reduced, but as a side-effect, the overall volume of audio recorded is quieter."

It's too quiet even without the housing!. I have failed to back up my old firmware because I thought v3 would be better.
Is it possible to downgrade to V2.13?

Thanks.
Well, I have a firware uploaded to github as a backup, but i am sure it has been corrupted by the git...

h4x0r

Jul 6, 2014
I guess you didn't have time for a video :( oh well nothing invested nothing lost
Just did a quick screencap on howto do it.
It's done on a Mac but hence it's fairly easy you should be able to do it on windows aswell.

Have fun with the scripts

Edit: Since the forum doesn't allow me to post links as links or video links, here a shortened version (that also only works without the http, so good old copypaste ;) )

goo.gl/c7ZGjH

Best regards.

Last edited:

konraditurbe

Dec 30, 2013
madrid
chernowii.com
Just did a quick screencap on howto do it.
It's done on a Mac but hence it's fairly easy you should be able to do it on windows aswell.

Have fun with the scripts

Edit: Since the forum doesn't allow me to post links as links or video links, here a shortened version (that also only works without the http, so good old copypaste ;) )

goo.gl/c7ZGjH

Best regards.
Oh I forgot to post it! https://vimeo.com/m/91791285
For windows.

Pd can I add your mac screen video to the how to video? I will give you credit.

h4x0r

Jul 6, 2014
Oh I forgot to post it!
For windows.

Pd can I add your mac screen video to the how to video? I will give you credit.
Of course.

BTW: Can you can tell me, how exactly the script for the long time exposure timelapse has to look?
(in which mode / under which settings will the script work and how will the script look for e.g. 5 seconds exposure with ISO 1200 and 10 seconds interval)

This is how the script looked for me with the given numbers

t app appmode photo
sleep 1
t ia2 -ae still_exp P 1200 X 5000 Y 5000
sleep 1
t app button shutter PR
sleep A 1000
d:\autoexec.ash
REBOOT yes
Is this correct?

PS: Big probs for the amazing work, it's really interesting to be able to get that much out of this little bad boy. :D
Best regards.

Last edited:

konraditurbe

Dec 30, 2013
madrid
chernowii.com
Of course.

BTW: Can you can tell me, how exactly the script for the long time exposure timelapse has to look?
(in which mode / under which settings will the script work and how will the script look for e.g. 5 seconds exposure with ISO 1200 and 10 seconds interval)

This is how the script looked for me with the given numbers

Is this correct?

PS: Big probs for the amazing work, it's really interesting to be able to get that much out of this little bad boy. :D
Best regards.
P - Iso 1200.... OK
X - Exp time 50 secs... NOT OK (GoPro can do maximum 4 secs which in hundreths is 400)
Y - Same for iris
A - Interval can be 1000 seconds, yes. But why so much time?

Please delete the P,X,Y,A leaving only the param.

h4x0r

Jul 6, 2014
Ok, I wasn't aware, that there was a maximum exp. time. also I didnt realize that the interval time wasnt in hundreths.
What are the max/min ISO levels and can you also set those fix for video shooting?
Many thanks!

konraditurbe

Dec 30, 2013
madrid
chernowii.com
Ok, I wasn't aware, that there was a maximum exp. time. also I didnt realize that the interval time wasnt in hundreths.
What are the max/min ISO levels and can you also set those fix for video shooting?
Many thanks!
ISO level Max: 1300
ISO level min: 700

this hack does not work for video mode.

JJPhoto

Dec 8, 2014
Placerville, CA
Thanks for all of the hard work putting this information together on GitHub. I'm comfortable with getting AutoExec files onto SD cards to hack my GoPro, but I'm still not sure how to use the resources you've put together for WiFi control, media viewing, etc. Does this require a certain version of the AutoExec hack and then run from an SSH terminal? Is is done to a stock GoPro with HTTP commands?

Thanks in advance for the help.