Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Giro Edit Snow Helmet with Built-In GoPro Mount

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Check out this brand new helmet from Giro called the 'Edit' which features a built-in stealth GoPro mount.

fc711aab-418a-402e-b8a7-8f9b57cb5f5d.jpg

From the Giro site: "The lightest full-featured snow helmet Giro has ever made. The all-new Edit features a sleek and stealthy integrated GoPro® compatible camera mount that allows you to easily attach and remove your POV camera without a trace."

If you're interested in the helmet, it is exclusively available at REI.

Video:

Link to Giro's site: Edit? - Helmets - Mens - Snow

Anyone have it or plan on picking one up for the upcoming season? :)

nitros

Apr 3, 2013
Do we know the price? I might consider it instead of a head mount

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Cam7777

Feb 1, 2014
I recently bought a giro edit helmet. Maybe I'm missing something (or really stupid) but I cant figure out how to connect the gopro camera to the mount. The mount itself connects to the helmet fine but the there is no screw and silver nut to connect the camera to the mount. Can someone help pls..

taylor498

Apr 28, 2014
I recently bought a giro edit helmet. Maybe I'm missing something (or really stupid) but I cant figure out how to connect the gopro camera to the mount. The mount itself connects to the helmet fine but the there is no screw and silver nut to connect the camera to the mount. Can someone help pls..
I'm literally having the exact same problem. I was looking everywhere for a piece I thought I was missing. It didn't occur to me that maybe it was missing entirely. I can use one of the other screws from other go pro mounts, but like you said it has no "silver nut" to screw into on the other end, so I can't attach the camera. Anyone have an idea of if this mount piece can be ordered?

fbassett

Apr 29, 2014
I'm literally having the exact same problem. I was looking everywhere for a piece I thought I was missing. It didn't occur to me that maybe it was missing entirely. I can use one of the other screws from other go pro mounts, but like you said it has no "silver nut" to screw into on the other end, so I can't attach the camera. Anyone have an idea of if this mount piece can be ordered?
I recently bought a Bell Super http://www.bellhelmets.com/en_eu/cycling/helmets/dirt/super/ mountain biking helmet and it has the exact same problem. I spent a good 20 mins searching through the box and around the area where I opened it thinking I had dropped it. I ended up having to use a thumbscrew and nut from one of my other mounts. Maybe Bell and Giro think all GoPro owners have an abundance of spare thumbscrews!

Last edited:

Latest posts