Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

fw 2.51 exposure lock with protune issue

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

sergio76x

Sep 10, 2017
Hi,
I've just updated my gopro hero 5 black to firmware 2.51. I've see that can't be set anymore the exposure lock in photo mode with protune on. I can set it only if I switch off the protune. Before the firmware update no problem with exposure lock and protune activated.

Please anyone has noticed this? it's normal? I've tried also to reset the gopro without success. How I can resolve?

Sergio

fedes_gl

Jun 8, 2017
Hi, I am still on v2.00 yet, but I understand that if you use PROTUNE you can lock the exposure by manually setting the ISO, and shutter speed in the camera (I mean, the camera will only use those values which determine exposure). Try putting some of those setting into a range (ISO min and ISO max with different values) or shutting speed to auto, then try to lock exposure function.
Disabling PROTUNE makes the camera select the ISO and SHUTTER values for you, so maybe that's why you can lock exposure with protune disable, or at least it makes sense to me...

sergio76x

Sep 10, 2017
I've chatted with official gopro tech support thats has confirmed with fw 2.51 in picture mode isn't no more possible to lock the exposure with protune activated. This because with protune can be changed the shutter speed, iso or ev in manual mode.

fedes_gl

Jun 8, 2017
so why didn't they mention that change in the release notes?
have you updated and tried in v2.60?