Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

External Battery / Charger ?

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

Barry Gordon

Jan 9, 2013
Looking for an External Battery. Something that well plug into the USB port and extend Recording time.. What are you guys using..?

Has anyone tried this http://www.veho-uk.com/main/shop_detail ... rticle=234 ?

Right now they are $19 on Groupon
I have the The Wasabi Power Hero3 batteries and charger that work perfectly
and i also have the go pro bac pac which doubles the life.
I get about 2h 40 with both recording 1080 at 6o fps

bczee

Nov 26, 2012
I have the Wasbi (2 batterys and charger).. but that is only good if your around to change the battery... Also you have to stop recording to replace the battery...

I was looking for somethinig that would extend without interruption..

BC

mike1104

Jan 10, 2013
I use this setup. Goal zero guide 10 battery charger inside a pelican case so I can carry this any place I want and sit it down and start recording. 64gig memory card in the GoPro and I can tell you the battery lasts longer then the memory card. You can record for hours and hours with wifi on. I drilled a hole in the side of the pelican case to run the usb cord to the GoPro. Hope this helped. photo.jpg

RobAGD

Dec 29, 2012
Really any USB power extender will work, it is just a matter of how big you want to go.

-R

kriscad

Dec 7, 2012
I use this setup. Goal zero guide 10 battery charger inside a pelican case so I can carry this any place I want and sit it down and start recording. 64gig memory card in the GoPro and I can tell you the battery lasts longer then the memory card. You can record for hours and hours with wifi on. I drilled a hole in the side of the pelican case to run the usb cord to the GoPro. Hope this helped. View attachment 641

That is a great idea!! Exactly what I have been looking for. I was looking on Amazon, and they have a few different ones listed. Is this the one?

Last edited:

tonyleja

Jan 24, 2013
Warren, MI
Wasabi

I have the Wasabi setup and it works great. I got the 2 battery package off of Amazon and the charger as will power from a cig lighter in the car.

steve_t

Feb 9, 2013

Tim

Dec 14, 2012
Buy three sets of internal/external batteries. Charge one and take two along for the day. Recharge overnight. Works for me. Have not missed any shots due to battery issues, but admittedly spent a few $$ on batts.

Christopher Hackler

Oct 15, 2014
I use this setup. Goal zero guide 10 battery charger inside a pelican case so I can carry this any place I want and sit it down and start recording. 64gig memory card in the GoPro and I can tell you the battery lasts longer then the memory card. You can record for hours and hours with wifi on. I drilled a hole in the side of the pelican case to run the usb cord to the GoPro. Hope this helped. View attachment 641
Is that pelican case still water proof with the hole maybe not so much for diving, but from rain or condensation. Also, Is there a way to use that with the water proof housing it is? If not I feel like I may be looking up some DIY stuff soon.

Anyone use this yet? Starting to like the look of this goal zero brand seems very comparable price wise

Amazon.com: Goal Zero 11800 Nomad 7 v2 Solar Panel: Automotive

Horence

May 18, 2017
Hello, guys. The external charger that I have used to charge camera battery is 300w power inverter. Sometimes, I need to charge camera battery outside. Like enjoy the trip in the countryside. simply connect it with car cigarette lighter charger outlet, you can charge tools now. Maybe you can catch more information about this charger on bestekmall. Hope this tip is useful to you. Best regards.