Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Editing

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

detrailers

Oct 5, 2019
Greets everyone!

I'm a noob to the GoPro but I'm learning and love it. What I don't like is their Quik video app. I just want to stitch vids together but everytime I UL to quik it adds music and weird cuts by default. I contacted support and you have to jump thru hoops to remove music and their edits. One thing I go like is it pulls right from the GP cloud so no need to remove sd cards etc.. I've tried both the android app and windows..

Is there a better editing app, there are so many out there. Tried Filmora Go and that was weak too. I've looked at all the recommended apps but really looking for what people on this forum are using

Last edited:

Jatekman

Dec 21, 2017
Germany
Take out the SD card is faster and more comfortable.
For editing you can take a look at Magix, cheap in the beginning and can be upgraded to a powerful system.

Ciao Rob

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
When I use my Computer I use the USB typ C to type A cable it is the actual cameras Mass storage speed. If i use my card reader it is the actual cards speed that loads. which is faster, safer etc.

I go the camera route takes a few seconds longer.

I also go wit PowerDirector 18 Ultimate, Magix 2020 premium is good I us both?

I want a fast Render its PoweDirector all th way, Iwant slow rnder its Magix, a 5 minute vide can take hours in Magix

biff.org

Dec 15, 2014
Dilworth, MN
I have been having great luck with Power Director and using the Quik app on IOS or Windows. They do have different functions.

But nobody said you have to use the Quik app to move your files over to the computer. Some folks think that the only way is with their software, or if they use the GoPro app, then they have to use the quik app to edit, and that just isn't true.

I many times move files over on my iPad Pro and then go to another editor. On Windows, I with the the card in my Surface and transfer them that way, as it is so fast.

Quik, honestly, is quite easy to go with no music, no edits and add pics/clips and your own music. It's all in how much time you spend with it. On the road, doing a quik edit on an iPhone is stupid easy.

Good luck,

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
On the phone I do not bother using. you would need cloud storage or a separate drive. And that I am sure would need to transfer original to LRV files. and still have the original files in the background. I am more Desktop then Mobile? I hope the other two knew that you were referring to Mobile App and not a desktop work station?

Fish