Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Did anyone recently get the 7 and regret the 8 just being announced?

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

abacoian

Aug 16, 2019
FL
My wife got me the 7 black for my birthday in August and honestly I truly love it. But then I saw the 8 and thought of course. I'd like an 8 but I think the 7 will do for quite a while.

So is anyone ditching the 7 and paying for the 8?

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
actually no the Hero 8 has a few added features, I like the added frame, the mic not on the front, and the less cropping but I also would want the Linear and fps but I can live without so no regrets here

blmeanie

Feb 4, 2013
unless it is revolutionary changes, no need to regret 7 to 8. I got my 7 in March, think it will serve me well for a while, prior for me was the 3+ and before that was the original pre-HD hero. My going rate I expect to be back in the market for the 10 or 11.

abacoian

Aug 16, 2019
FL
unless it is revolutionary changes, no need to regret 7 to 8. I got my 7 in March, think it will serve me well for a while, prior for me was the 3+ and before that was the original pre-HD hero. My going rate I expect to be back in the market for the 10 or 11.
Wow, that is awesome if the camera will serve you that long. This is my first gopro so hoping it does work for a long time. The reason I was so interested i the 7 black was for the hypersmooth. I don't add any gimbal and the hypersmooth has not disappointed.

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
If it is your first gopro go for the Hero 8 you hve the ability to now contro lth Hype r smooth off on high and boost Hero 7 its ON or off nothing more.

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
agree completely but the original question was whether to ditch the 7 for the 8. The new features are not must haves over the 7 is all I was saying.
Your option.

If you Ditch your new camera will cost around $300.00 give or take depending on the Ditching. Or have a back up, Just in case , or wantto grab more angles, wit hte same companies Platform, your choice . I ditched mine but have yet to purchase a Hero 8 till the Best deals are out. and the real people have one so real answers can be heard.

FISH

Jatekman

Dec 21, 2017
Germany
As my 7 runs perfectly there is no need to change to the 8, maybe I catch up some issues- if you don't need "Never change a running system ".

Ciao Rob