Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Can't open project anymore !!! INVALIED PROJECT FILE

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

VanessaHofmann

Oct 3, 2013
Can't open project anymore !!! INVALID PROJECT FILE

Hello,

I was nearly done with editing a video and saved a project... Then closed and opened the GoPro Studio software again. And I tried to open the project. But there's an alert coming: "Invalid project file" and the project which is opening is completely empty!!!

Please could someone help me?? It took so long to edit everything...

I use GoPro Studio Version 2 and a MacBook with iOS 10.7.

Thank you!
Vanessa

Last edited:

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
The first 2 questions that come to mind:

1. Did you change the location of your project file?
2. Did you change the location of your video files? If you use an external hard drive to store the files, make sure that is plugged in.

VanessaHofmann

Oct 3, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply!

1. No, I didn't change that. The Software automatically created the folder 'GoPro projects' in my Documents folder and I didn't move the projects.
2. My videos are located in iPhoto. So when I imported a new file in the GoPro software, I chose my videos directly from iPhoto. Is that a problem? The videos which I converted with the GoPro software were automatically saved in my 'Films' file and I didn't move them. I'm not using an external harddrive, everything is saved on my internal harddrive.

VanessaHofmann

Oct 3, 2013
Tried it again with copying the movie files from iPhoto into a completely new folder. It worked for a while but now the alert comes up again saying 'Invalid project file'... I really don't know what to do anymore!!!

VanessaHofmann

Oct 3, 2013
Yes, that was no problem at all. I imported them, converted them, edited them, adjusted White Balance etc... The video was pretty much finished, even put music into it. But when I save the project and then close GoPro Studio, I can't open the project anymore. It's completely empty and the alert is popping up that it's an invalid file...

Do you have any idea??

jayzozo

Dec 26, 2013
Hi Vanessa,

I am having the EXACT same problem at the moment. How did you resolve it? Did you lose all your editing? I have spent months doing mine I will be devastated if it is all gone. I used it less than 24 hours ago and it was working just fine then opening it this morning and the "Invalid Project File" came up and it just opened an empty project.

Zoe

nmkawierider

Dec 9, 2012
NM, USA
Sometimes an "Invalid Project File" message doesn't mean the file is corrupt. Sometimes it means resources to open that file are not available. Try and open other project files. I started having a problem with my last project with Adobe Elements when I had a year's worth of GP raw footage and photos in the assets.

Jsala1

Jan 18, 2014
Miami
Vanessa, Zoe;
Same issue here...

22 days editing, 48 Minutes of video edited on GoPro Studio... GONE to an "Invalid Project File"
Apple-MacBook Pro version 10.6
Latest version of GoPro Studio.
Project saved in my External Hard Drive
My original GoPro recordings and the Converted Files on my External Hard drive too.
Very organized,

"INVALID PROJECT FILE"

I've tried restarting the computer, changing the actual file name from location (HD to Computer and to other folders), Reseting the PRAM, Closing Opening GoPro, re-installing GoPro, and nothing works. GoPro/Administrator. Please, how can this problem be fixed?

Please please help.
-Jose

Bablue

Sep 3, 2014
Invalid Project File - Sept 1st 2014

Jsala1, Vanessa, Zoe & Jose,

I hit the same issue yesterday. 10 day effort of converting our 4 hr vacation footage into 34 minutes with music and all hit a "Invalid Project File" error. Tried everything but still can't open the file at where I got the crash and then that error while re-opening. Almost 85% of the work done.

Did anybody was able to recover from the issue? I did not find a solution anywhere in the links I got from google.

Apple-MacBook Pro version 10.9
GoPro Studio 2.0.1.
Project saved on the Mac under the GoPro Projects Default folder
Original GoPro recordings and the Converted Files on the External Hard drive.

Please let me know. I want to try everything possible before getting the courage to start all over again sometime by saving each days work with a different filename, hoping that even If I face the same issue, I will go back to yesterdays file and remove the video where I got the crash.

Thanks,
Bablue

Lau Alz

May 1, 2016
Hi everyone,

Please please please, tell me you found a way to get it back. Have the very same issue "Invalid project file" for a days-work-project (sorry if my english fails). Didn't move any file at all. The GP project is saved on the internal HD, my videos are saved on an external HD and the converted files are saved on the internal HD.

Please someone tell me there is a solution. Don't feel to start it all over again.

Regards