Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Camera records a few seconds on its own !!

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

Lee Martin

Sep 14, 2016
Hi forum.

Im new to the forum and indeed GoPro as a rule but I wondered if anyone could help.

I bought a GoPro Hero 2 second hand from a friend for use on my motorbikes. I had not used it for a while and the battery life became compromised so I bought a new battery ExPro which works perfectly and lasts a long time. Anyhow, I became medically banned from driving (don't ask) so find myself cycling some 50 miles a week to work and back but I was assaulted by the passenger of a flat bed truck so decided to record my commutes.

The camera records perfectly but there were files on the card that show the camera has recorded clips on its own which are typically a few seconds in length. Initially I thought someone had tampered with the camera at work but it has happened about 4 or 5 times now and Im stumped. It isn't causing me a problem but I would like to know why it is happening.

Ideas anyone ? Thanks in advance

Lee.

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
I find the record button may be sensitive. are you sure you are not pressing it accidentally. a lil wd-40 not sprayed but gently around hte button may loosen the stickiness?

my hero 4 BE you breath on it it starts itself Lol

FISH

Lee Martin

Sep 14, 2016
No, deffo not pressing it. Bicycle has been parked up against a rack at work one time, another the bike was parked in my garage unattended and the other times have been recorded during my commute. Without putting ideas in peoples heads it may have happened when the battery has gone flat and the camera has turned off on its own but Im really not sure. This happened today as the camera went flat 30 seconds after leaving work. I had nearly got home and the camera recorded about 5 seconds of footage but the camera wasn't touched and would not have been turned off manually. Other times the camera has been turned off by me and it has turned itself on and recorded a couple of seconds of footage. I am using a good 32GB class 10 card and the battery is new.