Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Brand New Camera: GoPro HERO4 Session

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

dougie252

Dec 22, 2014
I'm unsure about the session. Purely because it seems to of replaced the Hero. Which was £100. But this is going to be £330. I think that it's kind of pushing some people out.
It will be interesting to see how much power they can stuff into such a small camera in the future. But for now I'll stick with my H4B.

Jaylay

Mar 3, 2014
The review seems very fair. Does look like the session is about $200 to expensive to me.

69hemicudavert

Oct 25, 2012
Deep South, USA
www.fquick.com
Starting to see a not so good trend from GoPro, they are releasing products faster than they can work the bugs out of them, I mean how many are still having bug issues with their Hero 3+'s or 4's and now here they are releasing yet another new item...and too me its too pricey for what it is. IMHO

GoProMom

Dec 17, 2014
New York
vidpromom.com
GoPro sent me the Hero4 Session Reviewer's box this week, and I just posted my unboxing video (Hero4 Session Unboxing - NEW GoPro Hero4 Session! – VidProMom).

I'm not sure I would buy it for $400 if I was in the market for a GoPro, but it does have merits that "regular" GoPro's don't have. It really depends what you (personally) use a GoPro for - if you need the smallest, most versatile camera for your projects, then $400 is well worth it.

It does come with 2 frames, the standard and the "low profile". It comes with the ball joint mount, which is pretty cool all on it's own (although I have a hard time getting it to rotate, but I think it just needs to be warmed up or something).

It is waterproof without a waterproof housing, which is a feature worth noting here as well. To me, that is an obvious (but overlooked) advancement of GoPro's technology. It also has two microphones, both waterproof.

If I had $400 to spend on a new GoPro, it would probably be spent on the Hero4 Silver, because I use my GoPro to capture family stuff. But if I did a lot of snorkeling, surfing, or motocross, the Session might be a good choice.

RebelPro

Mar 25, 2014
Miami, FL
Agree about the price. As much as I'd like to have a smaller camera than my Silver 3+ I won't spend so much money on a small camera with even less options than my S3+

pcuerpo

Oct 5, 2015
Philippines
i have a GoPro Hero3+ Black and was looking at the Session due to its size.. i primarily use the GoPro for filming my runs at the track, so far, no regrets on buying it over the 4 Silver/Black except for the one-touch button which you need to get used to and i got the Session 2 days before the price drop :(

regarding the mic, i hope there is a way for you to choose which one will work because when i put the Session at the front of the car and while running around the track, you can hear the difference of the sound recording when it switches the mic