Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Brand New Camera: GoPro HERO4 Session

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
GoPro just released the smallest and lightest HERO camera ever: The Session.

CHDHS-101_main2.jpg

Read more on our blog here: GoPro HERO4 Session | GoProFanatics

And on the GoPro website: http://shop.gopro.com/hero4/hero4-session/CHDHS-101.html

Quick Overview:
  • $399
  • Shoots at 1440p & 1080p
  • Smaller and lighter than any other GoPro

What do you guys think?

Personally, I think it's overpriced by $100. You can get better performance from the HERO4 Silver at the same price.

X5rdman

Dec 31, 2012
I agree it is over priced. You can get the Silver fir that orice. The only thing that would be nice is the size, but I can live with the silver sizing.

toferphotography

Jun 22, 2015
PHX, AZ
Yeah, I am torn as the smaller size will be nice but some missing functionality due to the smaller size and no need for a case for water down to 33'

AJ

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Montreal, Canada
I agree it is over priced. You can get the Silver fir that orice. The only thing that would be nice is the size, but I can live with the silver sizing.
Yeah, I am torn as the smaller size will be nice but some missing functionality due to the smaller size and no need for a case for water down to 33'
Yeah, the size would be nice. I'm worried it's TOO small. I'll have to hold one in my hands..

basicbill

Feb 26, 2013
St. Charles, IL USA
www.basicbill.com
Interesting. But yes the price seems too high. Especially compared to the comparably priced H4 Silver. However, better battery life, dual mics and micro SD plug are steps in the right direction. Betcha we see these on the H5 whenever.

Bill

nothingtodocrew

Mar 25, 2015
If i had the money, i would go with the silver over the session. It does have a lot of good things going for it, i am pretty excited to see whats in store for the GP5.
I heard long ago that gp was looking to get in the drone market and i think this was specifically built for that. I predict we'll see a gp drone before xmas.

p fandango

Jul 5, 2015
i was hoping the price was a bit more reasonable. I'm looking for a budget GoPro to use for vulnerable filming, but looks it'll be a Hero

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
all the bang of a Hero 4 Silver Way to go Gopro $400.00 can I trade in my Gopro Hero 3 black edition for one??

Polaroid Cube is like a Mobius action cam, compared to the gopro's Session. Or should I say Runcam.

Made for the Rc Hobby. ENjoy your new toys kids not me.

It's not 4k or 60fps the least they could have done was made it 2k. worst off internal360mah bats I bet divided in two.

Do not leave unattended charging this bad boy. lipos will run shy when that weather gets 50 degrees and colder 30 seconds f footage what's the matter my cam is dead.. I can hear it now.....................
FISH

I show a dislike not towards AJ just to the Sessions over all price

time gets video like this Done and that is all gopro is about getting things done

Last edited:

ebnug

Apr 4, 2013
For that kind of money it has to have better higher recording and photo quality. It's a great idea though. I would wait to the technology to develop more

fishycomics

Oct 7, 2012
took a pic cropped it to see the Session is just less width but thicker in depth.

Looks like Gopro may sell lens protectors, if not ones scratch, toss this to the can, like the Plus and the basic.

I find this video really interesting. pointing out important details, answers some of my questions. thanks for posting see pic of size not the best but interesting

WarwickC

Mar 18, 2015
I like the Session - or at least, what it promises for future GoPros.
I won't be getting one, because by all accounts the image quality of the Silver is better and I have the Silver.
But I'm looking forward to seeing how what they've developed for the Session gets incorporated into the next-generation Silver and Black models

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk