Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Apple video camera patent?

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

RebelPro

Mar 25, 2014
Miami, FL
A couple of weeks ago I read Apple had applied for a wearable video camera patent that could be attached to helmets, bike handles, etc. When the announcement was made, GoPro's shares went down about 13%.

Is Apple really thinking of getting into this sports video camera market? And if that would be the case, would any of you be interested in getting their camera?

RebelPro

Mar 25, 2014
Miami, FL
For me, I don't think I would. I own an iPhone, iMac, etc, and as good as the iPhone camera is (and probably all of their products), I have no interest in going from GoPro to an Apple's extreme sport camera at all.

A few reasons are, Apple is known for their "uniqueness", making it really hard to buy third party accessories, and those who actually work are really expensive. Also, I'm sure none of the GoPro accessories or the homemade ones will be compatible with their camera.

GoPro has been around for a while already, and they are really good at what they do. The mounts possibilities with the GoPro are endless and cheap. So personally, I'd stick with the GoPro.

ukglyn

Jan 20, 2015
Cannock U.K
I agree with the above, Apple love their uniqueness & for me that is the big killer of it. I imagine that you would be pretty stitched up to using all genuine Apple products with the camera.

Ill be staying with Go Pro for sure.