Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Anybody else here using an SJCam (or others) as their secondary or "disposable" cam?

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

jbinx

Oct 24, 2016
Anybody else here using an SJCam (or others) as their secondary or "disposable" cam?

I'm not too keen on using my GoPro on certain conditions where I'm afraid to damage it or there are times where I want a secondary cam also recording a different POV. Anyone else here have a similar setup? I'm currently using the SJCam SJ4000 but I might upgrade to the M20 or their newest one, the SJ6 Legend. :)

p fandango

Jul 5, 2015
i did think about buying a cheap camera for "risky" situations, but knowing how strong GoPro's are & just use the cheaper Sessions if theirs chance of damage

jbinx

Oct 24, 2016
i did think about buying a cheap camera for "risky" situations, but knowing how strong GoPro's are & just use the cheaper Sessions if theirs chance of damage
I have no doubt on GoPro's durability but even with the Sessions they're still a bit pricey compared to the others (Yi, SJCam, etc.). ;)

p fandango

Jul 5, 2015
I have no doubt on GoPro's durability but even with the Sessions they're still a bit pricey compared to the others (Yi, SJCam, etc.). ;)
i'm a GoPro only man ;)

this is an incident my 3+ black went through, & survived with no damage to the GoPro itself