Quantcast
Love GoPro?
Join Today and become a GoPro Fanatic.
Join Today

Any gamers out there?

• August 2020 Update: a message from the GoProFanatics founder and how you can help shape our Community.
    Read it now.

_Jay_

Aug 6, 2014
I know video games might not be to everyones taste here, but for me its a great way to pass the time when im not working, playing with the car, or being nagged by the wife!

So there is an event called GameBlast15 in aid of the charity Special Effects. They are a UK based charity and basically help people with disabilities or after serious injuries to be able to enjoy video games as well. They do this by creating and modifying the controllers and systems to make them useable for them.

So to raise money for them, GameBlast15 is a 24 hour gaming marathon with the aim of raising sponsorship money. I am personally involved in this, and have a target of raising £200.

If any one would like to take part in the event you can still sign up at GameBlast - signup

And for any one generous enough to give money to the cause, please feel free to visit my Just Giving page https://www.justgiving.com/Jamie-Loader

If even one person here was to log on or text in just a quid, its still going towards helping a good cause, and if we can exceed my set target, for every additional £20 over il be doing an extra hour.

Now I know some sceptical people exist and say we cant see your really doing it etc, but there will be a link posted on the day for my Twitch.tv channel, and you will be able to view the live stream to check up on me, or even get involved on the chat feature there.

So yeah, hopefully this doesn't break any forum rules, didn't see anything against posting up for charity. And if any one can spare a couple of quid even it will be greatly appreciated!

_Jay_

Aug 6, 2014
Theres lots of views, surely one of those who viewed is kind enough for a small donation?

uki404

Feb 24, 2015
www.timesharescam.com
hi mates

hi there, im actually newbie here too, im studying animation and working on timeshare attorney business, feel free to ask something , im using a drone that i actually buy at tiny deal , and in games field , ask me something about metal gear ;D

Yeli Orog

Sep 6, 2018
store.steampowered.com
Sounds interesting, can you tell us more from that game?
Its a FMV (full motion video) game. Its a genre of game that was popular in the 90s but has since almost completely died off. The game I made is in the spirit of Myst (an adventure game from 1993) but made completely with video. I filmed everything in Asturias, Spain with a Hero 4. The gameplay is part interactive story and part puzzles.

Here is the trailer if you'd like to see what I mean:
vimeo.com/275920287

Jatekman

Dec 21, 2017
Germany
The trailer looks very interesting it seems that you can combine real videos with a computer game - awesome.
Long time ago I created games for computer (Commodore 64) and now I create vids, never thought the two things can be combined but sometimes speculated about it.
So the game will run on Windows and you can choose alternatives, examine objects and go in different directions?
You must collected a lot of clips and I guess there is a lot of work to do to get a real game feeling, seems to be an exciting and creative process.
Would be nice to see some progress in your work and the final result, you already finalized the game and when yes how can it be played?

Ciao Rob

Yeli Orog

Sep 6, 2018
store.steampowered.com
So the game will run on Windows and you can choose alternatives, examine objects and go in different directions?
Yes, it runs on windows and is interactive like a game. I did a lot with 3D sound to make the player feel present in the environment, and special effects to add an element of fantasy. It took about a year from start to finish to create, I had to learn a lot about JavaScript, video editing, and sound editing during the process. I'm really happy with how the game turned out, as far as I know there are no other games similar to it.

Would be nice to see some progress in your work and the final result, you already finalized the game and when yes how can it be played?
I sent you a private message with a Steam key so you can check it out.